Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

What is best UK Ext

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi people, what is the best uk ext, ie dot com is king [so thay say]. Is .co.uk equal to dot com?, [for the UK market].

Also how are the uk.com and, uk.net ext going in the resale market?, thx BFB.

yep .co.uk is equal if not more important for someone just concentrating on the UK Market, as people searching for a UK company is more likely to type .co.uk before .com, .co.uk is by far the most important uk ext

but .com's are still more valuable in the majority of names

All the best

GW

Yep, .co.uk is by far the .uk market leader... followed by .org.uk, then .me.uk

uk.com and gb.com are very rarely used in the UK marketplace... I see very few sales of these domains and very few people here hold them...

Rich :cool:

I've started going after a few different uk.com domain names as there are a few good, brand able domains left. Still a very infant extension but I think people are starting to warm up to it a bit more :)

Still though, if the .uk/com etc can be acquired for a good price, silly not to get them - esp if you're targeting specific geo-markets.

I dont think uk.com's etc are seen as uk domains by the search engines?

The .co.uk extension is getting there, but there's still a reluctance for UK buyers to pay anywhere near equivalent .com prices. "But you only paid a tenner for it!" is the usual response from many.... :(

As for the others, .org.uk still tends to be used for its 'proper', i.e. non profit-making, role, so prices are quite low. .me.uk doesn't really appeal, and I've never seen it used by a commercial organisation.

.uk.com .gb.com are merely sub-domains of uk.com and gb.com and have nothing to do with Nominet. Considered by many not to be a 'proper' extension, and I've never been tempted by it. Some companies e.g. Avon cosmetics use the .uk.com moniker - maybe their IT folk weren't all that smart.... :twisted:

.gb.com

the book shop called the works use THEWORKS.GB.COM and is printed on their carrier bags
i wonder how many of their customers remember to put the gb in before .com
personally i would rather have used THEWORKSBOOKS.COM or THEWORKSSHOP.COM

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Auctions Ending - Flip.uk

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom