Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

What's the longest you've had

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
to wait between registering a name and it appearing in the Nominet Whois?

I regged one with 123 this morning and it's still showing free with Nic.uk.

It's potentially valuable too

Panic stations, re reg or sit it out?

This one is potentially the best one I've picked up in 10 years and it certainly won't need developing. ;-)

In the early days of .co.uk there were allegations that companies registering domains would cherry pick the requests coming through and register the names themselves informing their client that they hadn't been able to register the domain soon enough.

I've definitley been snooped on whilst doing some whois requests . I registered a .co.uk and decided to think overnight on registering the .com. It was a pretty obscure name (an available .com so you can imagine!) and lo and behold the next day I checked it and someone had registered it. It wasn't even something that was in the news so there was no other logical explanation. Anyone else had this?

PS. What's this great name then?

For that very reason alone I never check the whois through any website and manually check the DAC when sitting at my desk here at work.

You can never quite tell who is watching.

Last edited:
Sorry

I'm not normally secretive about these things - but this I'm keeping under my hat for a while. Like anything, there's no guarantees.

The domain doesn't have an overture with or without the .co.uk extension and if I disclosed it you'd all go WHAT?

However.....

One of the most sucessfull adult subscription sites with over 100000 paying members at $300 a year with an affiliate program paying a 50% share has recently been shut down because of the US Government crackdown on obsenity. Whilst the site was more artistic than obsene the owners decided rather than fight a potential lawsuit they'd close the site and start a new one that complies with the new regulations.

The official statements reads

"While ******** is certain that a potential prosecution would have no chance of success based upon ******* artistic and educational value, especially in light of other recent high profile obscenity prosecution failures, the staff is unwilling to fight a lengthy and expensive court battle only to emerge victorious but bankrupt."

The new sitename was announced on Wednesday night and I got in early and got the .co.uk ext.

The site is sure to be a sucess and could payout a verynice sum in affiliate revenue.

I've given you a few clues and I'll possibly disclose the name once my first cheque arrives. :grin:

If anyone is bothered to hunt, Google is your friend ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom