20i Domains

What's your beef?

Discussion in 'Nominet General Information' started by FC Domains, Jul 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. retired_member6

retired_member6 Banned

Well if Jac says that me and him need to have a chat and a drink as he's absolutely bonkers.

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

articles.co.uk

3. rob

rob Founding Member

the heat is getting to some :)

£80 + vat when I was 16 to get my own name (already too late to get first / surnames then) was abit more than my pocket money so £150 you are just disenfranchising more and more.

By your logic you prices are fine as they are as it is precisely the commercial entities who can afford to fork out on legal fees etc.

To be honest such a simplistic view of the internet/domains is just being naive, it is not a game of tennis with domain 'traders' one side and companies the other reffed by nominet and a team of legal types.

£150 ... hope that was you joking / winding us up ... as in the tennis you cannot be serious! :)

4. Jac

Jac Active Member

Uh?

I'm a bit confused by what Lee (Grandin) thinks I was referring to when I used the words "for the good of the whole community".

Regards
    James Conaghan

5. grandin United Kingdom

grandin Well-Known Member

provoke

It was a thought provoking remark.

Just to clarify what I think about domain trading:-

I have bought domain names direct and through traders. The trader costs me more but doesn't give any headache and sources the right name.

As a developer and not a trader I benefit more so from the trader than direct...if I need a domain I goto sedo and buy it instantly.

Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.