Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Who owns morewine.co.uk

@alex owned it in Feb and @Trauiner expressed interest in it. Might as well let them know

Correct. I would be surprised if it were Alex & Trauiner was actually commenting on the thread in a helpful way, so it would be a very bizarre thing to do if it were them but who knows.

Has it definitely been bought on Sedo? Maybe the owner took it off after seeing this thread?

I'm curious now, how do you know it has sold and how have you managed to get the buyers email address when you are neither buyer or seller? I'm confused as ever!

I'm curious now, how do you know it has sold and how have you managed to get the buyers email address when you are neither buyer or seller? I'm confused as ever!

With a little help from my friends. ;)

riddle me this....... who did it? shitty move if genuinely done of the back of this thread

Was definitely done on the back of this thread. The domain was purchased about 10-15mins after the thread was created. Who did it? Still waiting for the people mentioned in the thread to shed some light on this.

Is this fact or conjecture?

Based on the info I have been given 'Fact' as the purchaser email was from that domain. I guess I could have been purposely given bad info but I don't think so.

I think you should read this thread, just for info on GDPR and making information public that was between two other parties https://www.acorndomains.co.uk/threads/advice-about-non-paying-buyers.159833/

I haven't given anyone's names or user names because I am aware of this. I didn't even ask for the info given to me it was just volunteered. I have also not given the full email address of the person which I do know. I can probably find out the full name of the person if wanted to but I would rather the person just owned up to being an a*shole.

That thread is full of misinformation ...

"In a nutshell, the GDPR establishes rules on how companies, governments and other entities can process the personal data of citizens who are EU citizens or residents. The GDPR aims to strengthen and unify data protection laws for all individuals across the European Union. It's a breakthrough directive."

Maybe sold, or just removed from Sedo, but not yet transferred - Last updated: 14-Jul-2018

My opinion from the outset was/is that you setup a very dodgy thread in the first place, it still is all very dodgy. It seemed like a setup.

As others had said, you have crossed the line in regards to GDPR laws by saying it was purchased by someone who owns X domain. That information is not public knowledge, information you shouldn't have and information you can not legally share, as it's not public.

Dodgy thread and illegally avoid GBPR laws.

The thread was not dodgy, but was a bit naive especially as I have traded in domain names quite a lot in the past. I came to get some help and ended up getting shafted...now that's dodgy!

And as for GDPR I get about 50 unsolicited emails a day and the EU are doing f'all about that.

I don't see how he's crossed any GDPR laws, he's shared information that the domain owner ( the seller ) openly gave him and done his own homework, after I told him the guy ( the seller ) is openly responsive on their facebook page. If the seller wishes to disclose the information of the sale and that's not ok with the buyer then the disclosure issue should be with the domain seller. As it stands @denchomsky didnt disclose an individials identifiable information in public.

He just indicated that it maybe someone who owns a certain domain, on a domain forum, where the whois is already protected by GDPR. Give him a break, he's not the unethical party here.

So, ignoring the irrelevant discussion about GDPR (most people seem to think it can be used as a threat when it doesn't apply), is it just possible the owner didn't sell the domain and simply removed it from Sedo?

So, ignoring the irrelevant discussion about GDPR (most people seem to think it can be used as a threat when it doesn't apply), is it just possible the owner didn't sell the domain and simply removed it from Sedo?

According to the info I was given It sold. It was not removed by the buyer.

You would be correct about the domain seller illegally sharing data.

However, denchomsky then used that data to look into things and to link domains to specific usernames, which he can not legally do. You can not use or store information you should not legally have access to.

if a nurse told another nurse that someone who owns [email protected] has a sexually transmitted disease and said person came on a public forum stating that... wouldn't be good!

Not sure the domain has actually sold though? Maybe the seller just took the domain off sale, as the domain hasn't been transferred.

I suggested those usernames might know something about it.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom