Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Windows oem question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi

I've an oldish laptop with vista 32bit on and want to have 64bit.

I've seen a few people selling oem with disclaimers, can anyone recommend anywhere to buy vista 64bit or windows 7 64bit

Thanks.

While I'm on. If I copy a program from program files and the data from program data, do I just need to copy these to new install to work ok or do they actually need reinstalling?

Hi

I've an oldish laptop with vista 32bit on and want to have 64bit.

I've seen a few people selling oem with disclaimers, can anyone recommend anywhere to buy vista 64bit or windows 7 64bit

Thanks.

While I'm on. If I copy a program from program files and the data from program data, do I just need to copy these to new install to work ok or do they actually need reinstalling?

How old is it does it have a 64bit processor ? do you have the key it should work on either version.

If your changing versions software will need reinstalling

Just a quick google I have no idea if they are reputable

http://www.mrhightech.com/operating...ft-windows-81-professional-0885370634990.html

Are you going from seven are you eligible for windows 10 free? there was a download link in Edwin's thread the other day

Yes to 64 and thought the key would only work with the pre installed 32. Will give it a try.

Not going from 7 but saw some cheap 64bit so thought I'd mention it.

Thanks so much.

Yes to 64 and thought the key would only work with the pre installed 32. Will give it a try.

Not going from 7 but saw some cheap 64bit so thought I'd mention it.

Thanks so much.

Preinstalled keys might be different But my windows 7 pro key I got cheap as a student worked on either version.

If you can still get a preview build of windows ten there was talk Microsoft would let home users upgrade that for free

OEM is meant to be sold with hardware, some places sell it with a hard drive to get around it but might be a struggle to buy on its own.

Does the laptop have a 64 bit CPU?

Which version of Windows 7 was it? I just looked up some Windows 7 OEM versions, some may sell it on it's own as the rules may have changed.

Bought one but wouldn't boot. Yes 64. Think I'll use that link and buy copy with a disc.

Thanks all.

It's vista home premium 32

The windows 7 I bought and downloaded ISO was too big to put on a cd so I took the language pack out and tried but won't boot.

I did want to show my family how tech I was but may have to admit failure lol

He has some 25gb Blu-ray Discs but the big ISO wouldn't burn to that.

May try the official download you mentioned. Thanks.

You wont burn to a cd but the vista ISO from the link will burn to a DVD. Have a Google about creating bootable windows USB's if you have a spare one around

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom