Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

YouTube auctions? For domain name investors?

Reaction score
I reckon domain name investors will start selling their domains via live auctions on YouTube, Why? A lot of eBay resellers use YouTube to make a video of the items they have bought that day and then they list the items on eBay for sale and they put a link in the description of their eBay shop where viewers of their YouTube channel and eBay shop can bid at auction or buy it now on their eBay shop etc, but now they are choosing to make a preview video on their YouTube channel a few days before the hold a live auction on YouTube and the successful bidder pays by PayPal instantly and the eBay reseller sends the item out the next day etc, but domain name investors could do the same but as domain names are transferred digitally etc all the successful bidder would have to do is type the domain name into Google and click on the domain and buy through the seller's domain name registrar etc?

it would be worth it for the comedy factor alone but it works for eBay resellers because it saves them the the listing time and they make more profit by not needing to pay eBay fees etc, I think it could work with domains too

they are too long as . auction & . auctions are new gtlds so obviously I won't be buying but youtube.auctions is a complete website address

Yep, I'm sure google would let you do that. It would probably even rank higher than youtube.com.

A conversation needs to be had about this bullshit pricing model that registrars seem to favour these days.

Some wholesaling distributors that I have worked with have had a minimum price at which you could retail their goods.

If Nominet did set a minimum resale price, the obvious downside is that it wouldn't be across the board with other extensions.

Less people would buy .uk and be more inclined to save a few quid and buy some rubbish like .xyz or .bike for £0.01

It's a horrible model for the consumer, I agree.

Maybe we should group together and register 100,000 domains for 1p each then delete them from our Nominet accounts. That would put the wind up them :)

Last edited:

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom