Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

$100/day on YouTube

Discussion in 'Business Discussions' started by woopwoop, Apr 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. woopwoop United States

woopwoop Well-Known Member

I have some reasonable maths tutorials that are on YouTube... That make $x / day.

I haven't added videos in a year but I can clearly see that one video performs very well. I've been thinking, if I can improve the content, perhaps make the videos shorter (and more interesting!) Then just replicate it , say 25x... Then that should be $100/day...

Is anyone in this positions ion or has been through this?

Are the content considerations limited to length, interest, usefulness, watchability, subscribeability, shareability, thumbnail optimization...?

Are there tactics to get the videos in the suggested search listings to improve views?

I reply to comments which I think helps G's likelihood of recommending the video but what else can be done and are there any other tools/metrics to watch outside of analytics?

I was also trying to think if there are any non spammy ways to get the video's views up outside of on-YT optimization...

At the end of the day should I think of this as more views = more $? Or focus holistically on full optimization of every facet, and are there facets I'm missing?

Thanks for sharing and tips / experiences

Last edited: Apr 18, 2015
  2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. figleaf007 United Kingdom

figleaf007 Active Member

I understand that the more a video is embedded on other sites, the better its ranking. Would be able to give you more thoughts if I could see the video, feel free to pm

4. Murray

Murray Well-Known Member

I wont pretend I know too much & you probably already know most of this anywho..

But simple things like reminding people at the end of the video to like, comment and subscribe is worthwhile

Asking a question in the video that prompts comments is good too

I'm pretty sure the more likes, comments and engagement the more they're likely to rank it better and put it in suggested videos

Making a custom thumbnail that will make a video stand out is good

Keeping searches in mind when writing a title of course can't hurt

You can customize your youtube user page a bit, avatar, banner, add a main video and suggested videos next to it

I suppose the more videos you put out, the more likely they are to get seen, the more people might share them, the more likely you are to gain a following.

^ Assuming they're good quality of course

Oh and finding where people who like the topic of your video hang out and discuss, twitter, reddit, forums or whatever, can't go wrong to immerse yourself there.

5. woopwoop United States

Thanks for the thoughts. I hadn't thought about the effects of the embeds, asking the audience a question or focusing on where they hang out and promoting shares... Come to think of it I think the shares are what helped the video that does the best out of my set.

If anyone knows of any softwaretotrack all this or help with it beyond the built in analytics, would really appreciate the recommendation.

6. MattB United Kingdom

MattB Active Member

Intrigued to know how many $ you are getting per 1000 views?

Thanks,
    Matt

7. addz123 United Kingdom

addz123 Active Member

Hi woop woop, I'm developing a Youtube channel myself (affiliate marketing niche) with 100+ videos and I was wondering if we could chat? I'm also looking to research how to best monetize my vids and improve CTR with annotations, links and using custom post-video editing to improve the CTR%.

PM me.

8. woopwoop United States

Hi Matt and Addz... Will try and reply after the weekend (moving apartment over the next few days)

9. Simon United Kingdom

Simon Active Member

10. tk-hassan United Arab Emirates

tk-hassan Member

very good suggestions by @Murray
    also dont forget the SEO for Youtube, you should use proper keywords in Titles & descriptions as well as slight link-building for youtube video & channel URLs

11. Retired_member41

Retired_member41 Retired Member

Thank you for the kindness you just showed Murray, his naivety usually brings him in for criticism, he will probably be adding real words to his YouTube videos as we speak.

Just logging in and seeing scores of your posts in the unread section led me at first to think you were posting for postings sake, didn't realise you had so many wise words to share so quickly.

12. woopwoop United States

Did TK upset you Caz?

Appreciate all the comments - I'm really determined to make this happen and have a three month plan.

13. newguy United Kingdom

newguy Well-Known Member

Best of luck with this. I think it's definitely a promising idea!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.