Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

6 PAB Candidates

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure who buys them will necessarily make that much difference any plans they have to propose anyone.

Thanks for the offer. That would certainly be controversial.. :mrgreen:

Some of us had to do that quite a while ago.. :roll:

seb

What are the rules on a large Nominet member proposing someone? Do the directors own the Nominet membership so they decide?
Let's say Virgin Media did buy Pipex - would Jarrod Robinson have to ask Richard Branson if he can second Peter Gradwell again?

Controversial might be Popular.........

Yes but hopefully I shall be Dr Bennett by then :p I was more making the point that you have to have spare time to be on the PAB unless either you work for yourself or your boss lets you take time off work. I can see why Pipex would let Jarrod have days off for example however what if he was a School I.T. teacher?

Andrew

What are the rules on a large Nominet member proposing someone? Do the directors own the Nominet membership so they decide?
Let's say Virgin Media did buy Pipex - would Jarrod Robinson have to ask Richard Branson if he can second Peter Gradwell again?

This is no different to any business decision within a company. Ultimately the decision rests with the board of directors in every company (or equivalent responsible person(s)).. they can delegate this down to managers. In case of holding companies, effectively the same applies.

If Virgin buy Pipex, then Virgin would be able to make PIPEX change its vote.. but they could also trust PIPEX's management to make the right decision.

Seconding someone is the same.. it's about who is authorised to speak on behalf of the company. Ultimately it's a company's internal matter. I wouldn't expect one of my staff to second anyone in Nominet elections without talking to me. I guess legally another director could probably do it without asking (but they might be out of a job soon thereafter if they did something silly :p)

Controversial might be Popular.........

Yes but hopefully I shall be Dr Bennett by then :p I was more making the point that you have to have spare time to be on the PAB unless either you work for yourself or your boss lets you take time off work. I can see why Pipex would let Jarrod have days off for example however what if he was a School I.T. teacher?

My comment was tongue in cheek ;)

Why do I get the feeling Nominet is becoming a google.. First Peter and now you doing a Ph.D. :p

seb

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom