Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

A ridiculous UDRP decision

Discussion in 'Domain Name Disputes' started by signature, Dec 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. signature

signature Well-Known Member

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. ian

ian Well-Known Member

Absolute madness!

Edit - hadn't realised they were using a holding page with ads relating to the company.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2015
  4. RobM

RobM Retired Member

I hope this goes to court.
    Actually I just read it. There were ads from the landing page that sold the complainants products. Game over at that point. I assumed it was sedo earlier but I may have been wrong. However anyone that provides adverts for your page can put whatever they feel is most likely on there. You cannot have anyone providing 3rd party ads for a valuable domain because, even if it doesn't show ads for a certain product, unscrupulous companies can search for them from various IPs over a period of time until they *do* show up on first landing.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2015
  5. martin-s United Kingdom

martin-s Well-Known Member

I don't agree that this is completely ridiculous.

The registrant should have ensured that the trademarked rights weren't infringed after they were given notice.

6. accelerator United Kingdom

accelerator Well-Known Member

First of all, RIP Igal Lichtman.

I have not read a detailed report, I assume some automated parking ads were being used. From a domaining perspective, an error has therefore been made as ads were shown for a Trademark owner on the domain. For domainers, it is dangerous to use any automated service that displays automated ads, as that could bring up the (new) Trademark owners ads and this can be used against you.

7. namealot United Kingdom

namealot Well-Known Member

Greed, stupidity, ignorance, Ads PPc etc you’ll always run a risk they p someone off if it’s a premium even higher chance unfortunately give some ammunition they’ll use it ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.