Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Advertising in the sunday times

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Have noticed that a member here on the forum has been Advertising their domains in the Sunday Times classified section for the last few weeks wondered if they or others had any success using this method.

Interesting...got a photo of the ad?

I remember the ad selling domains like yourplumber.com, I wonder how that went ?

Interesting.

The audience of this broad sheet could well be very targeted in terms of business or corporate strategy - and the type of commercial decision maker the cold calling letters and phone calls struggle to reach due to 'gatekeepers'

I don't suppose advertising in the ST will be cheap. Must be some high value domain names.

How is it giving their ID away when the newspaper has a circulation in the hundreds of thousands?

How is it giving their ID away when the newspaper has a circulation in the hundreds of thousands?

Then go and buy the paper and find out for yourself.

I am sure if the domain owner wanted to sell them here they would have started their own thread

If they read this and want to reveal how it went great.

Last edited:
I'd be interested to know whether it's yielded any sales.

I think the Private Eye classifieds might be a good place to try as well.

A few years ago I had a lengthy conversation with a sales lady from The Sunday Times, specifically the motoring section. I wanted to pool together a few first name/surname domain names from different domainers and advertise them within the bit where all the private registration numbers are.

She was initially quite keen but the editor at the time poo-poo'd the idea because he'd previously allowed some idiot to sell personalised phone numbers (where you spell out your name on the phone keypad as you dial) and it turned out to be a load of shite. There was a specific reason within this but I can't recall it now.

Then go and buy the paper and find out for yourself.

I am sure if the domain owner wanted to sell them here they would have started their own thread

If they read this and want to reveal how it went great.

What a pathetically unhelpful thread you started! Talk about not sharing any information...

What a pathetically unhelpful thread you started! Talk about not sharing any information...

Only you seem to have found it pathetic and unhelpful.

The person who placed the advert is a long standing member here who may read this and decide to comment. I know others have also placed adverts and may wish to join in the debate.

If anyone would like more info then send me a PM

In order to see how successful is an offline marketing campaign it's best to create "an identity" for the specific ad; e.g. your ad in Sunday Times should mention a promotion only for those readers (maybe a discount code?) or a specific URL like [your domain]/sunday

The person who placed the advert is a long standing member here who may read this and decide to comment. I know others have also placed adverts and may wish to join in the debate.

It's a tad annoying we can't see the advert. As Edwin pointed out, it was made public in print form so why the secrecy online? If you don't have the means to scan and upload then that's understandable.

Looking at the rate card in certainly puts domain names at a one time sell price of a few grand in perspective.

It's a tad annoying we can't see the advert. As Edwin pointed out, it was made public in print form so why the secrecy online? If you don't have the means to scan and upload then that's understandable.

Looking at the rate card in certainly puts domain names at a one time sell price of a few grand in perspective.

I don't wish to reveal the forum member here who is trying to sell his portfolio if he wishes to join in the debate then great he is not alone I have seen others trying this method

Have sent you a PM with the ads details

Going back a few years, around 2000/3 this type newspaper advertising of domains was quite common, mostly .com's I seem to recall.

Be nice to see it back.

Could you PM me the details also Sound

I also have found this thread pathetically unhelpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom