20i Domains

An honest person

Discussion in 'General Board' started by Siusaidh, Feb 6, 2020.

1. Siusaidh United Kingdom

Siusaidh Active Member

There are honest people here on Acorn including one of our most recent members.

Today I was selling two domains to two different people, and in my hurry I changed the TAG on the wrong domain, releasing it to the person I hadn't sold it to.

That is the stuff of nightmares, because I have a second person waiting for that domain, and there I was in my ditsy mode, donating it to the wrong person, and losing control of it. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I then changed the tag on the correct domain I should have released, and messaged the guy explaining I had made a teeny-weeny mistake and 'please could I have my domain back'.

At that point I could have been facing the wrath of the person who'd bought my other domain, but thankfully within minutes that domain was released back to me: ..... relief.

The person and new Acorn member who was plain honest was:

ldn_will

Will, for short.

Very pleasant guy.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

articles.co.uk

3. Murray

Murray Well-Known Member

Nice of him

You didn't lose control, you can always tag change back via Nominet but it would have cost you £12

Login to Nom, Domain Manager at the bottom, choose the domain, registrar change

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ben Thomas

Ben Thomas Well-Known Member

That’s assuming you haven’t already changed the registrant details.

5. webber

webber Active Member

You would need to be quick in case the receiving registrar changes the registrant details.
    Some registrars will do that automatically immediately after the tag handshake.
    I wonder if Nominet would have been able to help if the new registrar refused to return the domain and changed the registrant details

6. ldn_will United Kingdom

ldn_will Member

Thanks for the mention @Siusaidh. Very kind. But I suspect I did what most other members would do.

Since I've joined a lot members on PM (including you) have been generous with their time in explaining how this domaining business works. Thank you

• Friendly Friendly x 1