Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

any big companies / brands using .me.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi,

Can anyone give me examples of brands or big companies using .me.uk domains at all?

Cheers

They're no allowed to, but they can be the registrant as a result of DRS wins.

There are many out there, not sure how many "big companies" though

quench.me.uk
uprint.me.uk
vajazzle.me.uk

Just a few examples

They're no allowed to, but they can be the registrant as a result of DRS wins.

Hmm, so what is going on with the examples given in this thread?

Hmm, so what is going on with the examples given in this thread?

.me.uk can be used for anything, they just have to be registered to an individual. In the cases above, if the first one was reported to Nominet they would contact the registrant and advise them they they need to transfer it/update it to an individual registrant.

Grant

.me.uk's are the unloved of the domaining world!

The reason why they are unloved is that they are allegedly harder to rank... however a great example is found if you type grand national into google.. ... grand-national.me.uk comes 3rd for me...

a hyphen and .me.uk!

If Nominet just revisited usage rules on its already existing stock of .uk, then we certainly wouldn't need the current .uk debacle!

I'm seeing more and more .me.uk's ranking now - guess the age factor (which takes apart in G's algo factors) are starting to give those .me.uk's some benefit

there's been a couple of quite high value .me sales which has probably help lift the perception of .me.uk in some circles, I don't value them unless you can make a 'personal' or clever/memorable pairing with the word.me.uk

I hold the webcam.me.uk (and one other). Which I suppose you could view as being suitable for both a personal and business sex website. But I would certainly advise using .Me as opposed to .me.uk if your going to develop it

Ha ha ha Aaron how funny is that, nearly fell off my chair.

good find

As far as I'm aware there are no big companies directly using them, just subsidaries of those companies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom