Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Anyone got an 85 inch TV or similar?

Speaking from curiosity, but not experience, might there be more mileage in getting a really good projector?

Totally agree; with current technology, for size, a projector is the only way to go.

When I built my cinema room a few years back, the biggest mistake I made was to underestimate how good projectors are. I went to all the time, trouble and cost of having a wall mounted 65" plasma for TV programs with a projector and motorised screen that dropped down in front of the TV for movie nights.

The very first night as a test we fired up the projector and watched something on Sky on the 138" drop-down screen... the viewing experience was incredible. As a result we then watched everything on the big screen and in fact a year later removed the plasma TV from behind the screen as it was literally never used.

This last Christmas I treated myself to a 4K upgrade and the quality of the picture just blows me away; on close-ups you can see every pore and hair on someone's face while on cityscapes you can see actual detail in all the windows - it really is breathtaking. One downside is that my girlfriend is Welsh and so is passionate about the rugby which means that, even though we have some 26 TVs in the house, she takes over the cinema room whenever Wales are playing - watching football or rugby on a 4K 138" screen is like being on the pitch with the players, you really have to experience it to understand how good it is.

My eyes don't support 4k. They barely support HD.

:D

On a small sub-50" TV I would agree but at 50"+ the additional benefits of 4K HDR makes colours pop which noticeably improves the viewing experience.

Once you get to 100"+ projector screens then the 4K resolution alone will wow even someone who is visually-challenged! ;)

@HariSeldon Whats the projector you're using please?

And did you say you have 26 TV's ? Wow.

Projector is Sony VPL-VW590ES.

Yes, 26 TVs (plus the aforementioned projector!) It's a nine bedroom house with one TV in each bedroom and another waterproof TV in each en-suite so 18 TVs upstairs. Three TVs in the bar/games room, one in the laundry room so girlfriend can watch daytime TV while ironing ;), one in my office, one in the gym, one in another reception room and another in the kitchen. It's a good job you only need one TV licence regardless of how many TVs you have! :D

Yes, 26 TVs (plus the aforementioned projector!) It's a nine bedroom house with one TV in each bedroom and another waterproof TV in each en-suite so 18 TVs upstairs. Three TVs in the bar/games room, one in the laundry room so girlfriend can watch daytime TV while ironing ;), one in my office, one in the gym, one in another reception room and another in the kitchen.
Jeez! Not sure if to envy you or to feel sorry for you...

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom