Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Apartments.co.uk $75,000

Discussion in 'Sold Domains' started by domainseller200, Nov 24, 2016.

1. aZooZa

aZooZa Well-Known Member

@invincible On balance, there's little point in my quoting and dissecting what you've already dissected. I know you like to waffle, but if you take the time to read what you write, you'll see that a lot of it is quite hilarious.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. martin-s United Kingdom

martin-s Well-Known Member

If we stop taking the bait, he'll stop getting so much amusement out of it :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. domainseller200 United Kingdom

domainseller200 Well-Known Member

I will never understand why people try to belittle, criticise or judge other peoples personal choices and achievements in life.

I used to wonder how people like Nigel Farage and Donald Trump could be so popular in (apparently) civilised countries in 2016, but when I read some of the comments in threads like this, I no longer wonder.

For me, life isn't a competition of ego's, successes or achievements, it's all about what makes me personally happy without caring what others think.

This isn't aimed at anyone in particular in this thread, but there comes a time when people need to live and let live.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. invincible

invincible Well-Known Member

If you don't want savvy domain name investors to remember what you have posted elsewhere in relation to domain names, and then to legitimately reference that in response to further posts in relation to the topic of domain names, on a domain name discussion forum, perhaps don't make the original posts in the first place.

Otherwise I've certainly not denigrated your transaction. Do try not to drink the proceeds all at once! ;) See you back here in six months when you reappear from oblivion and respond to another one of my posts? :)

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. invincible

From his rating above it appears @Edwin must disagree with anyone referencing publicly available information relating to domain names on a domain name forum. In my opinion how silly.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2016
  6. aZooZa

aZooZa Well-Known Member

You could learn a lot from @Edwin - especially the way he treats people and never condescends. It's called having a personality.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. invincible

Have you ever met him Dale? If not could you really comment about such? :p I think you're diverting away from the topic which was a discussion about you appearing to be upset by me referencing your elsewhere posts.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. aZooZa

aZooZa Well-Known Member

Jumping to conclusions so consistently.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. invincible

So you're not upset? You ranted about my references because you're delighted?

10. invincible

Yes. I agree @gregfindley and it is disappointing that some forum members seem to be unhappy with other informed forum members providing relevant and insightful information that's already in the public domain and directly related to the discussion, perhaps as if somehow that information denegrates the actual transaction in some bizarre way. I do wonder why they appear to be so insecure.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Murray

Murray Well-Known Member

I'm not sure why anything you posted was relevant other for than the fact it was a purchased domain and not recently dropped (so presumably not all of the 60k was profit), but looking at the registration date would have been enough to know that.

He mentioned developing it and mentioned it was potentially for sale, why is that interesting enough to bother posting?

The only thing we really learned from it is that you like to snoop, but that's common knowledge :p

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

Congrats Dale. Slightly ashamed to admit I'm still a way off knowing all the people behind the usernames. I've been aware of hubbard and heard the name Dale but didnt know it was Azooza, sorry for that. Is Simon active here too?

@aZooZa Very well done, a nice bit of business, congratulations. It takes balls to buy to sell at that level.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. invincible

Merely indicates they appear to have had an interest in potentially selling it to the current registrant for ~2.5 years prior to such a sale finally occurring. One could therefore speculate that either the new registrant hammered them down over that time from £whatever they originally wanted or they managed to negotiate the price upward after an offer was made. Some here may find that interesting to contemplate and, given this is a domain name forum, why shouldn't they.

Assuming it was the domain name he mentioned developing, which hasn't been (and likely won't be) clarified. One is entitled to draw their own conclusions about why they may have chosen to accept £60k - £whatever they paid originally, after so recently mentioning developing it (assuming it was the same domain name). That's all. Nothing else. Shouldn't be any need for me to explain this given this is a domain name forum and not supposed to be a back-slapping club only.

Do you really define "to snoop" to be posting a couple of publicly available links? Hardly hidden from view, or playing detective. :-D

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Murray

Murray Well-Known Member

It would be interesting to hear how the negotiations went, but knowing Dale he wouldn't talk about it publicly so no point speculating or asking as you are very well aware.

Dale didn't post the thread, he didn't ask for a pat on the back or invite questions on it.

Yes

• Like Like x 1
  15. invincible

I provided two links with a small amount of related yet relevent commentary. I didn't anticipate it would cause so much pointless discussion and it didn't really need to. Some members here need to realise this is commercial business and others are free to discuss it, otherwise this is going to be pretty boring domain name discussion forum in my opinion. It could have been remained that way for anyone who wasn't aware of the information, until I made them aware of it via this domain name discussion forum, to consider it in privately but that would be up to them.

I never suggested he did and whether he had or hadn't makes no difference to what I said.

Okay. :cool:

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Murray

Murray Well-Known Member

Maybe it's the intention behind wanting to discuss something that bothers people

Saying stuff like

Makes one think it's not purely business but personal

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. invincible

Your intepretation. Not personal at all. I couldn't care less about anyones personal life here and find it rather boring when people harp on about theirs here too much. The divorce reference was mentioned after probably the third time he's sworn at me in some capacity, and been subject to moderation for it too I believe, only because there had been prior discussion about managing conflict and it was a possible example of him doing it.

• Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2016
  18. RobM

RobM Retired Member

I recommend ignoring trolls rather than engaging with them. If everyone did that they'd soon clear off.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. aZooZa

aZooZa Well-Known Member

Thanks Steve. Yes, Simon is a member here @aKooKa and is the technical brain behind what we do.

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. aZooZa

aZooZa Well-Known Member

You're jumping to conclusions yet again, despite covering yourself with qualifiers like "indicates", "speculate", "assuming", "potentially" etc. ad infinitum. Just for the record, we only owned the domain for a few weeks. I can't disclose how much we paid for it and who the seller was, due to an NDA in place. As @Murray quite rightly indicates, you'll get no more information from me about the deal.