Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Apartments.co.uk $75,000

Have you ever met him Dale? If not could you really comment about such? :p I think you're diverting away from the topic which was a discussion about you appearing to be upset by me referencing your elsewhere posts.

From his rating above it appears @Edwin must disagree with anyone referencing publicly available information relating to domain names on a domain name forum. In my opinion how silly.

Jumping to conclusions so consistently.

it is disappointing that some forum members seem to be unhappy with other informed forum members providing relevant and insightful information that's already in the public domain and directly related to the discussion, perhaps as if somehow that information denegrates the actual transaction in some bizarre way. I do wonder why they appear to be so insecure.

I'm not sure why anything you posted was relevant other for than the fact it was a purchased domain and not recently dropped (so presumably not all of the 60k was profit), but looking at the registration date would have been enough to know that.

He mentioned developing it and mentioned it was potentially for sale, why is that interesting enough to bother posting?

The only thing we really learned from it is that you like to snoop, but that's common knowledge :p

Congrats Dale. Slightly ashamed to admit I'm still a way off knowing all the people behind the usernames. I've been aware of hubbard and heard the name Dale but didnt know it was Azooza, sorry for that. Is Simon active here too?

@aZooZa Very well done, a nice bit of business, congratulations. It takes balls to buy to sell at that level.

Merely indicates they appear to have had an interest in potentially selling it to the current registrant for ~2.5 years prior to such a sale finally occurring. One could therefore speculate that either the new registrant hammered them down over that time from £whatever they originally wanted or they managed to negotiate the price upward after an offer was made. Some here may find that interesting to contemplate and, given this is a domain name forum, why shouldn't they.

It would be interesting to hear how the negotiations went, but knowing Dale he wouldn't talk about it publicly so no point speculating or asking as you are very well aware.

given this is a domain name forum and not supposed to be a back-slapping club only.

Dale didn't post the thread, he didn't ask for a pat on the back or invite questions on it.

Do you really define "to snoop" to be posting a couple of publicly available links? Hardly hidden from view, or playing detective. :-D

Yes

Some members here need to realise this is commercial business and others are free to discuss it

Maybe it's the intention behind wanting to discuss something that bothers people

Saying stuff like

Aren't you a divorcee? I suspect I'll still be involved in the domain name industry after many members here are long gone and you've been hit over the head by someone much younger than you for your wallet. ;p

Makes one think it's not purely business but personal

Congrats Dale. Slightly ashamed to admit I'm still a way off knowing all the people behind the usernames. I've been aware of hubbard and heard the name Dale but didnt know it was Azooza, sorry for that. Is Simon active here too?

@aZooZa Very well done, a nice bit of business, congratulations. It takes balls to buy to sell at that level.
Thanks Steve. Yes, Simon is a member here @aKooKa and is the technical brain behind what we do.

Merely indicates they appear to have had an interest in potentially selling it to the current registrant for ~2.5 years prior to such a sale finally occurring. One could therefore speculate that either the new registrant hammered them down over that time from £whatever they originally wanted or they managed to negotiate the price upward after an offer was made. Some here may find that interesting to contemplate and, given this is a domain name forum, why shouldn't they.

Assuming it was the domain name he mentioned developing, which hasn't been (and likely won't be) clarified. One is entitled to draw their own conclusions about why they may have chosen to accept £60k - £whatever they paid originally, after so recently mentioning developing it (assuming it was the same domain name). That's all. Nothing else. Shouldn't be any need for me to explain this given this is a domain name forum and not supposed to be a back-slapping club only.

You're jumping to conclusions yet again, despite covering yourself with qualifiers like "indicates", "speculate", "assuming", "potentially" etc. ad infinitum. Just for the record, we only owned the domain for a few weeks. I can't disclose how much we paid for it and who the seller was, due to an NDA in place. As @Murray quite rightly indicates, you'll get no more information from me about the deal.

However long you've "owned" it I assume you don't deny making the comment under the apartments.com TheDomains.com blog post referencing the corresponding domain name within .co.uk back in 2014? That was all I originally pointed out with a link. Why get upset about a link to a blog you commented on? I find that bizarre but you and others such as @Edwin seem unable to cope when someone else points it out.

Please provide a link to my post in 2014 that you're referring to.

@invincible you have caused me to use a forum feature for the first time 'manage reply bans' on threads. Whether you think you are being insightful and thought-provoking or whether you just use these words to try and justify your borish posts in this thread you have to look at the facts. I get more post reports against you than anyone else. Other peoples posts in this thread have ratings of like, funny, winner and you mostly have 'disagree'. You lead the negative ratings table http://www.acorndomains.co.uk/members/?type=negative_ratings. You have a snide way of making your points, most of the time. Is it you or everyone else.

My life experience has taught me its better to ask someone something outright rather than just put forward argumentative speculations. You did this to me on the day I announced I was the new owner, it's not clever. Back to the thread, there was an NDA involved here anyway. This was IMO a thread that should have been a lot of patting on the back, motivational and inspirational.... you dragged it down.

Let's move on and be better.

Invincible, I doubt anyone really cares a hoot about whether Dale posted in some forum or not, you just like to be that annoying kid in the group desperate to show everyone how constantly smart you 'really' are, and have a keyboard itch you can't help scratching. Unfortunately for you, you're also blind to what people think about you. Plain fact is, you're not well liked (cue comment along the lines that you're not here to be liked, blah, blah), and you seem happy about that. How sad!

Pure guesswork, but maybe Trinity/Zoopla had a far reaching NDA or asset disposal clause that was applicable to Dale, who knows. The simple matter is, a good name has been sold for an equally good price, it doesn't really warrant any more comment other than well done Dale!

Good Sale.... Great for yanks that promised to jump ship if trump was elected....

Someone’s desperate for the role they were born to play Grinch in nominet Xmas production....

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom