20i Reseller Hosting

Approaching End Users

Discussion in 'The Bar' started by stevef1fan, Feb 19, 2019.

1. stevef1fan United Kingdom

stevef1fan Well-Known Member

Hi everyone,

I wondered if anyone could offer advice on approaching end users. I think my name clickacruise / com is quite brandable and would like to approach companies speculatively, though I'm not too sure where to start. I wonder if most '' Would you like to buy my domain name ?' emails end up unread, but I'd like to try.

Any thoughts on the best aporoach would be greatly appreciated.

Steve.

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

articles.co.uk

3. PaulK

PaulK Well-Known Member

Honestly, you have zero chance of selling the name to a cruise company.

They simply don't buy names like that, i've sold to some of the larger cruise co's out there and unless the name is exceptional you'll be lucky to even get a response.

But if you set on contacting people try throwing out a simply worded email and most of all get the pricing right, what price did you have in mind for the name when approaching end users?

Sorry if this seems a bit blunt.

4. stevef1fan United Kingdom

stevef1fan Well-Known Member

Not at all Paul. Your thoughts are greatly appreciated and it's all a learning game isn't it ?

More generically, for the future, how do you set the pricing ? Would you tend to go in on the high side and if there's interest negotiate from there ?

Thanks again,

Steve.

5. PaulK

PaulK Well-Known Member

million dollar question, i sell at a price that i'm happy with - scan the forum and take a look at DL to see whats selling and gauge the prices. Fair to say names that sell on here arent a good benchmark of their true value.

good luck

• Like Like x 1
  6. stitchbob United Kingdom

stitchbob Member

I'd generally only approach a potential buyer directly if there's a compelling reason why I'd want the domain if I were in their shoes. There's two cases where I've done it:

1. I had <geo><industry>, so I approached <geo><industry>services to see if they would be interested in the shorter name.
    2. I got a .co.uk and the .uk is owned by a domainer. I offered them first refusal on matching up the pair.