20i Reseller Hosting

Banning of invincible

Discussion in 'General Board' started by Whois-Search, Nov 26, 2017.

1. deluxedomains

deluxedomains Well-Known Member

David is like marmite you either love him or hate him.i personally like reading his threads.he has got a lot of knowldge in the domain industry to share but feel he changed since joining nominet.just my opinion btw

Enjoy your evening peeps

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

articles.co.uk

3. Skinner

Skinner Well-Known Member

Bang on Deluxe, his knowledge inside, semi-inside and general knowledge is outstanding, some of the blanks he can fill it, are really interesting, but since joining nominet, its almost like they have brainwashed him. Anyone who can look at the two threads I posted and not see a totally different person posting must be blind.

On a side note, you guys are making me thankful I'm single ;)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Whois-Search United Kingdom

Whois-Search Well-Known Member

To be fair his comments in the first link were posted in May 2014 at a time when HEG had just started backordering their own domains across the group.

The new registrar agreement came in to force the same month May 2014:
    https://www.nominet.uk/new-registrar-agreement-and-data-quality-policy-approved/

Now wasn’t it a coincidence they started doing that just as this clause appeared:

However since then back in November 2017....

(1) Direct .uk was launched and given away free (no explicit consent has been agreed to)

(2) Godaddy bought HEG and shut down Domain Monster (the people doing it left the company)

(3) Our friend @invincible has spent some time on the Nominet board listening to all kinds of view points (I can imagine three years on there would put things in perspective and change you)

Then what he actually said recently was:

https://www.acorndomains.co.uk/thre...-uk-domain-registration-rights.150252/page-10

Now in that comment he’s referring to the clause above and asking if you have any examples of it occurring in direct .uk ?

No one has any examples in .uk because it doesn’t happen at the moment and even if it did they *could* do it by obtaining explicit consent. However as most registrars have said they haven’t obtained explicit consent it’s unlikely to happen.

You see a little inside knowledge goes a long way...Maybe you lot should actually listen to the wife instead of switching off ?!?!?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. dee

dee Well-Known Member Acorn Supporter

yes dear.....

6. TallBloke

TallBloke Active Member

I found a lot of his replies to be contrarian/obtuse just for the sake of being so. But differing opinions should be encouraged in general shouldn't they?

And if it's a one month ban, then just like the fat bloke in the red suit, he'll be allowed back in at Christmas.

7. DaveP United Kingdom

DaveP Well-Known Member

He is one of the most knowledgeable and experienced members of this forum, I've always respected how direct and to the point he can be.

As to WHY he was banned, best to leave that up to him, should he choose to return.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. pugyrob United Kingdom

pugyrob Well-Known Member

I would say he enjoys the attention, which is fine. I choose not to buy into it as 99.99% of things in life outside of his threads are far more interesting and thought provoking.