Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Best way to transfer domains

Reaction score
So I've been out of the domain market for years, and selling Aid.co.uk and Aid.uk on domainlore which is ending today.

I had aid.co.uk in my 123 reg account, and it appears in my nominet account too. Recently, 123 reg registered the .uk too which is in my 123 reg account (but not my nominet one).

What's the best way to deal with this since I'll be transferring it over to the winner soon once the auction ends? Would it make sense to try get the .uk in my nominet account? (not sure if that's possible since I read up that 123 reg don't allow you to do transfers if the domain is new!?).

Would really appreciate some advice - thanks.

Um... if they are both in your 123reg account, they should both be in your Nominet account. Double check to make sure that aid.co.uk and aid.uk have the same owner/reg details/email etc in 123reg. What may have happened is that 123reg didn't apply your contact details to aid.uk properly?

From a DL auctioning perspective, if the winner has their own self managed TAG, ask 123reg to do a TAG change, then the buyer can update the reg details themselves. If the winner wants you to transfer "the normal way" trigger a change of ownership from you Nominet panel - but you need to see both names, and send both on the same request. That way the buyer only has to pay the Nominet change fee once (as the change order is for both names on the same order).

First step. Make sure you have access to both from your Nominet account...

Thanks, I've checked the contact details and they are all identical. I'm getting on to 123 reg to see if there's something they've forgotten to do. If the worst comes to the worst I guess I'll just do the transfer of the .uk from 123 reg and then through Nominet for the .co.uk and pay the fees myself or something :)

To save on transfer fee (Unless you have an SMT TAG) is to transfer them together as you can transfer as many as you like in one go and within one Nominet fee.

Mystery solved - it's due to privacy protection on the new .uk domain so nominet can't see the email address to verify I own it - just need to change that to see it in my nominet account!

Mystery solved - it's due to privacy protection on the new .uk domain so nominet can't see the email address to verify I own it - just need to change that to see it in my nominet account!

That can't be right surely, Nominet can't see the email address associated with a domain?

Ooooooh maybe 123 reg set up the .uk domain under one of their emails?! Which in itself is silly but...it's 123 reg.

Strange that Nominet cannot see there own data. Hey ho LOL

I would imagine this would actually be due to GDPR and support staff having restricted access to personal data, rather than Nominet not being able to see it.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom