Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Bounce Rate Through The Roof

Discussion in 'SEO Search Engine Optimisation' started by cc976a, Mar 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cc976a United Kingdom

cc976a Well-Known Member

I have a couple thousand uniques to one particular site of mine, with conversions to sign up at around 10% of visitors.

Of course I'd like this to be higher and continuing to work on it - but my bounce rate is at around 92%!!!!!! (and yes my analyics code is site-wide) but with conversions at 10% alone it does seem inaccurate (?)

This is going to set off all number of flags at G HQ, but can it be wrong, anything I can change without pulling the plug on the analytics (but I'm sure G will see this anyway)?

I know bounce rate can affect your SERP - but I'm at a loss to see what I can do. I'm happy with the design per se and have been told it is one of the better designs for the subject / theme. Lots of content, clear call to actions and easy conversion sign up route (helping convert the 10%)

The only thing to note is the site's home page is mine but it is also a white label site, meaning the person taken off to sign up gets taken to a different domain (although they have embeded my analytics code here to)

Anyone dealt with anything similar - just really worried this stat is playing a part in trying to reach for a top 3 position (currently half way down page 1 for keyword)??

2. gordi555 United Kingdom

gordi555 Active Member

Looks like Google is seeing your visitor on 1 page and nothing else - showing as a high bounce.
    Seem to remember Google Analytics account have host 2 or more domains under the same 'account' if I remember correctly. Maybe that may help?

3. peter_w United Kingdom

peter_w Active Member

Look into event tracking. I don't know specifically off top of my head (I'm on my phone not computer so can't really check what I do) but there's a way to track the outbound click so that it will count it as an extra page view, thus reducing bounce.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.