Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Can a non-UK person buy .uk domain?

Reaction score
Hi, I had registered both .co.uk/.uk for domain name with fake uk address so Godaddy today sent me this massage

"Dear ---

The .uk registry, Nominet, requires domain owners to maintain accurate and up-to-date contact information for their database. This includes name (or company name) and address information.

They've been unable to verify some of the information you've provided. Please update the contact name and address for the following domain(s) today: ----.co.uk , ---.uk

If your contact information hasn't been validated in 23 days, your domain may be suspended. Take care of it now to avoid any interruption to your website or email service."

I tried changed the whois address to my Aramex London PO address do you think they will discover that it's a PO address and what to do any one outside uk use away or specific address and not discovered by nominen t!!

Yep a non UK individual can register a .co.uk domain.

You should have just used your real address.

But I think you need a UK address of some kind to reg the .uk

It could be a service address, I believe.

Yeah that's right, I meant he should have used his Aramex address first time around. Not sure if a PO is allowed though.

Federer seems to just use the hosting providers address.

Yeah that's right, I meant he should have used his Aramex address first time around. Not sure if a PO is allowed though.

Federer seems to just use the hosting providers address.

yes. i should have done that but i forget that i own i Aramex address address my hope now they not discovering that it's a PO address as it's looks like they not allowing .uk domains with PO.

A lot of info relating to this available at: http://registrars.nominet.uk/namespace/uk/launch/q-and-a (search within the resulting web page for "service" to find material relating to "address for service" and search "po box" to find material relating to "PO box")
can you please type the mean points which may help me as there is a lot of information in nominent pages :D
But I think you need a UK address of some kind to reg the .uk

It could be a service address, I believe.
where to get a service address ???

You are permitted to use a PO Box address with a .co.uk or other third level domain name. These domain names do not require an address for service.

You are not permitted to use a PO Box address with a second level .uk, even as the address for service.

Perhaps try ScanMyPost.co.uk to obtain a UK address which can be used as the registrant address and/or as an address for service if you're using a foreign address with a .uk.

Some registrars may not support service addresses.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom