20i Reseller Hosting

Cash savings vs. Investment

Discussion in 'The Bar' started by bu06nne, Jul 4, 2019.

1. marshall United Kingdom

marshall Member

As crazy as one might sound, crypto can be / was a golden egg, we put a good chunk into bitcoin in January when it was around £2700 and sold some off recently at £10k making just over £7k on each. Obviously not ideal to get in at the moment due to price but investing in January like we did was near on certain to turn profit however i must stress nothing is guaranteed and i did not expect to see it breach 10k so soon.

Without the investment it would have been cash in the bank which has seen very little return over past 3-4 years.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

articles.co.uk

3. deluxedomains

deluxedomains Well-Known Member

In my opinion for long term i would invest in property or gold followed by cars paintings and books....or better still holiday.co.uk

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. marshall United Kingdom

marshall Member

Cars is a good one depending on your financial situation.

Property is mostly a win if you know what your doing and know what to look for, HMO's have paid well for us and student accommodation though its getting harder to find good student properties as most leave little room for profit unless you're in it for the long run.

My advise would always be property. If you don't mind getting your hands dirty, i would say go for the areas people want to stay away from (due to crime & drugs) and you will get them cheap at auction (25-30k for 2-3 bed properties in some areas), Get in, rip out and remove all copper from the house, swop it to plastics, lick of paint, B&Q kitchen + bathroom then pass to DSS and sit back for £400-£500 / month net income per property.

**Though not financial advice!**

5. Johnp United Kingdom

Johnp Active Member

Re last post HMOs and DSS funded tenants - have you had any issues re Universal Credit payments and your business, UC was designed for rent to paid to the claimant and only by exception for payments to go direct to the Landlord after evidence of non compliance? Seen all sorts of issues reported elsewhere - just wondered how real they were?

Had been looking for a while at buy to let - but then tax changes around 2nd properties etc. put me off. More recently the potential issue possible removal of the use section 21 notices to get tenants to leave has also diminished my interest. Just looking for a heads up?

Thanks

JohnP

6. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

Buy Bitcoins, job done.

• Winner Winner x 2
  7. dougs United Kingdom

dougs Well-Known Member Exclusive Member

Utilise every legal tax break going in what ever country you are in. In UK - Pensions, SEIS, EIS, VCT, CGT allowance, Entrepreneurs Relief, then investing via a company you control. All save you so much in tax bills and by creating a large spread in disconnected things you also cover downside risks.

• Agree Agree x 2