Membership is FREE – with unlimited access to all features, tools, and discussions. Premium accounts get benefits like banner ads and newsletter exposure. ✅ Signature links are now free for all. Share your own thoughts and experience, accounts may be terminated for violations.
  • Welcome to AcornDomains.co.uk, a friendly community for UK domain investors, developers and anyone interested in domain names.

    Whether you're looking to buy or sell domains, learn more about the UK domain market, get feedback on your names, or simply chat with other domainers, you're in the right place. AcornDomains has been bringing together people from across the UK domain industry for many years, from complete beginners to experienced investors.

    Have a look around, join the discussions and, if you haven't already, create a free account and introduce yourself.

Planned Work Catching up with Acorn

AdminAdmin is verified member.

Administrator
Acorn Staff
Acorn Moderator
Developer
Server Admin
Nominet Registrar
Joined
Jun 14, 2004
Posts
11,187
Reaction score
1,056
Hi Acorn, Hope you had a great weekend.

While we are working on building Acorn, I wanted to share a bit of what’s been happening behind the scenes.

Domain Summit has officially gone global (starting from Asia) and Helmuts has been working super-duper hard on the event throughout the past month. From everything I’ve heard, the event was a great success, even though I wasn’t able to attend in person.

Meanwhile, I was working on the Live Auction Feed and Collection (something like bookmark but share-able), which our initial thought was to shortlist the auctions available, and bid on the best one possible. This is still the motive, but we added in extra share-able links so that a investor can easily share their auction domains. Check it out at DNForum: https://www.dnforum.com/live-domain-auction-feed/com . We also added in huge marketplaces like GoDaddy which we will bring over to Acorn as well. We currently have nearly 550k domains listed there > and our future plan is to make filtering best domains a breeze (based on SEO or name or credibility... we will see, suggestions are welcome)

Now, we are migrating the same logic and UI to Acorn and also the servers (Developer insider: I was using MariaDB, but now I am shifting over to the Postgres for performance as the database scales).

That's all for today's rant!
You could genuinely suggest me anything - or any improvements that could be made

Best regards,
Prashanna
Acorn
 
Now, we are migrating the same logic and UI to Acorn and also the servers (Developer insider: I was using MariaDB, but now I am shifting over to the Postgres for performance as the database scales).

:o wuhh.. didn't know this :) Awesome!!

giphy.gif
 
Top Bottom