Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Cloud Servers - Anyone Rival Rackspace?

Reaction score
Hopefully I can get some new ideas/recommendations to check out.

Looking to find a new hosting company for a new site I have - currently have 6 cloud servers with Rackspace but am considering a new hoster for this one.

So looking for :

Superb Customer Service
Cloud Servers that are easy to roll out when required
Latest Windows Servers
MS SQL cloud server option
DNS Management
Email management
Cost effective - currently paying around £60pm with RS.

As said Rackspace have been superb - just want to also make use of different A/B/C classes for the IP ranges.

Any thoughts gratefully received.
TW

I know this post is 2 weeks old, but where on Rackspace can you get 6 cloud servers for £60pm? All I see are managed cloud options and the cheapest being £20 for 1gb RAM and 1 vCPU core.

I have heard good things about Rackspace UK but ideally do not want to pay £20 for those specs.

Hi Pyro

No it was £60pm each - sorry didn't make that very clear. But also just found out - they now force new servers to have the managed resource at about £80pm (I think this is a single cost - not per server) so rapidly starting to crank their costs up again now they are well established and I guess the market is becoming more saturated!

TW

Thanks for getting back.

I would have recommended AWS but with support I am not so sure. Have you looked at Claranet? I heard their network is good but have not experienced their support.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
URL Shortener
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom