Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

cloudflare.com

Paullas

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello

Does anyone use cloudflare.com. I am looking at ways of speeding my WordPress site up and a few have mentioned to use cloudflare.com.

My site is using woocommerce and has about 15k products on so looking at ways to speed it up.

Many thanks

Paul

Have you made sure you’ve optimised the site as well? In terms of imagery, caching etc. Hosting wise, SiteGround has been great speed wise for me

Litespeed Cache works wonders for WordPress, trust me. If you pair it with QUIC.cloud CDN and LSMCD (Litespeed version of Memcached) you will be a lot happier. Cloudflare is irritating in my experience. Obviously this relies on you running Litespeed as a web server apache replacement. Well, you could run it alongside Apache (if you really needed to).

I migrated to Siteground due to poor speed at previous host and the performance increased a lot.

Cloudflare default options may result in a very slight improvement but to get the best out of it takes a bit of adjustment, paying $20 for the pro version also opens up a few extra options including on the fly image conversion and a very good web application firewall.

As mentioned above though, your biggest hurdle is usually the origin web server and local optimisation. With many product pages image optimisation is likely going to be where you can make the biggest performance gains.

I'm not going to comment on individual hosting companies but paying more for better performance and support usually pays back many times over.

How would i check server side?

i am using a reseller account on 20i so maybe i need a vps/dedicated for the site now as it is getting quite big with products.

Do you know about 20i's edge caching (inside 'manage hosting' for the domain)? Go and investigate if not, tonnes of toggle switch options to fine-tune. Combine with checks on gtmetrix.com... and visual inspection/testing as some can cause site anomalies depending on what combination of WP plugins, builders etc you are using.

also check you are on their wordpress hosting with stack cache

Bin off wordpress and you are away.

Cloudflare is better than godaddy premium etc

Anything is better than GoDaddy premium though, let's have it right. WordPress is a brilliant platform if you can get it just right. If you're just looking to create content and not too arsed about building a website or being able to fuck about in Elementor etc, take a look at Ghost. It's built on NodeJS and it's absolutely rapid. None of the bloat of Wordpress and relies on API integrations and Zapier to build cross-platform compatibilities, instead of plugins and all of the shite WordPress ruins itself with.

Anything is better than GoDaddy premium though, let's have it right. WordPress is a brilliant platform if you can get it just right. If you're just looking to create content and not too arsed about building a website or being able to fuck about in Elementor etc, take a look at Ghost. It's built on NodeJS and it's absolutely rapid. None of the bloat of Wordpress and relies on API integrations and Zapier to build cross-platform compatibilities, instead of plugins and all of the shite WordPress ruins itself with.
I know Ghost - Node/React and Headless is the future.

Also worth a look is Umbraco - i use it a lot

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Auctions Ending - Flip.uk

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom