Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Custom Niche Web Directory - Develop your domains

Status
Not open for further replies.
PM me please, thanks

Im thinking about z few dirctories at the moment. How do your directories differ from directory press which is a a lot cheaper only £50 Wordpress template lincence and un limited no of uses.

They differ hugely. Directory press is all well and good, but out of the box it is limited in functionality, particularly when it comes to search. It does not come with Geo range searching (that I am aware of) and searching by custom fields is not built in.

The biggest difference to ANY out of the box script is that I personally build in features and functionality to suit the directory I am building. The possibilities are pretty much endless... if you have seen it on another directory, chances are I can make it happen.

Possible features are, but are not limited to...

• Custom fields (searchable)
  • Unlimited categories
  • Unlimited listings
  • Multiple listing types
  • SEO: Automatic title and meta tag generation, OR manual title, meta tag and description entry at listing, category and page level
  • Geo range searching... Search for listings in order of distance from a searched Town or Postcode
  • Google, or Bing maps
  • Free and Paid listing types (unlimited sponsorship levels)
  • Automatic emails sent out to advertisers. These can be set to sent upgrade offers to free listing owners or to remind paid listing owners to renew
  • Many other possibilities, just ask

The most important feature, the value of which will only become apparent through this year, is that although all directories will look unique and will have some unique functionality, the core and major customisations will be the same on all directories. This will allow me to develop, test and deploy new features and functionality to all owners of my directories, keeping their sites modern and fresh. For example, regular improvements to the way listings are presented to advertisers and the submission and payment process itself can really improve revenue.

Hope this info helps.

Jon

Can you PM me a selection of previous creations please. What are your design skills like?

My design skills are only limited by my imagination really. I'm fully proficient in writing HTML and creating CSS styles and layouts. I create designs from ideas or I can code design mockups to HTML/CSS. I can also work with frameworks such as 960.gs and Less Framework.

PM sent

@ Scwebsites, I sent you a PM on Dec 31st, still awaiting a reply, cheers.

Hi, yes please, id like to see some examples, particularly of the features. ta

As a further note on this...

In March I am creating a Facebook application that will work with the directories and anyone who has a directory from me will also get the facebook App when it launches.

The Facebook App allows people to search and browse your directory without ever leaving Facebook. And more importantly, they will be able to sign up for a listing via facebook.

Plans are also there to create a mobile App which all directory owners will get when it is launched.

I am taking bookings for new directories in advance for the beginning of February, and may be able to fit in one or two at the end of Jan. This has been so popular I cannot stress how important it is to book your directory early.

For those of you who have already booked a directory, you will get a URL where you can see your directory being built, sent to you in the next few days.

Prices, if booked in January are...

£450 for one
£800 for two
£1050 for three

Payments are 50% in advance and 50% on completion. You will be able to see your directory being built and give feedback or request features throughout the build.

Any questions please ask in thread. Examples can be send by PM.

Jon produced a directory for me a few months back - www.performersdirectory.co.uk

People are starting to find out it now and we are getting a fair few new listings each week. I have done zero promotion.

Jon is very responsive to any problems etc I have had.

Stephen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom