Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Daily.co.uk credits

cav

Reaction score
Sadly the daily.co.uk credits are coming to an end in May as they mutate into tsohost.

Can anyone suggest a low cost alternative to Daily please?

Join Nominet? Once you've paid the one-time fee (£400+VAT), and the annual membership fee (£100+VAT), you'll get domain registrations/renewals for £3.50+VAT/year. Plus there may also be certain discounts, campaigns, deals or bargains from time to time that drive the price even lower. It's a bit like Fight Club in that members are not allowed to talk about the specifics of such promotions, but let's just say that on occasion they do show up.

Fasthosts are pretty good at £2.99 for UK's for first year, switch over to TAG for renewals on Nominet membership at £3.75

Anyone else experiencing problems with Daily internet's migration to TSO Host. All of our bulk credits have disappeared (had over 100 spare) and all of our past renewal domains are showing as 'status cancelled' and you cannot manage them or renew them. TSO Host interface doesn't look half as user friendly as Daily and doesn't appear to be any transfer out tag change facility. I know we should have our own tag and we were looking at this.

Hi Nigel, I have no experience with TSO and little with Daily, but my (fairly obvious) suggestion would be to contact support. Once you have it sorted get on your own TAG, takes about 30 mins to fill the forms out but it'll be worthwhile for you in the end. You'd probably want membership as well then since it's 80 quid to register a domain without membership (Ouch!).

Unfortunately it appears there's no option with TSO to change TAG for transfer, you need to open a ticket with them as per this link: https://help.tsohost.com/knowledge-base/article/4820

Cheers for info Ben. Yes I've raised a support ticket. I'm sure they said they'd allow credits to be carried over and used - but ours have gone and we've got renewals due. Will be using 20i in the meantime as we've got a reseller account there and prices are very good. How long does it take to apply for a tag and have it up and running?

In honesty Nigel, I applied for mine last Jan and the whole process probably took about 2 weeks. That was for a channel partner TAG, this year we applied for accredited partner and again that process only took around 2 weeks. We're looking to get membership secured this Summer, but in my opinion it's certainly a worthwhile investment in our industry.

I never liked Daily, it seemed too rough around the edges, old code etc. I'm using Fasthosts at the moment, taking advantage of their £1 .UK registrations, but I will look into 20i

thanks for that info - yes we use fasthosts as well and like their system. We are buying some on their £1 offer - however their credit prices for renewal aren't as good as 20i's reseller prices and they don't let you use .co.uk credits for .uk domains.

You're welcome, Nigel. Yeah fasthosts have been decent, the only issue I find is that they don't allow you to transfer out for 60 days regardless of extension .uk/.com etc. which you can get around with Nominet, but it's something they should not do. Only really used them for .UK registrations any how, I did look into opening a reseller account for using their API to integrate into WHMCS billing software, but I didn't think it was worth the monthly cost if we're looking at Nominet membership.

so we've now got to open a support ticket with TSO Host any time we want a tag change on a domain - what a ridiculous waste of time.

I have a few domains with daily (personal ones) that have now transferred across. I used daily because it provided me with web forwarding and email forwarding, so I didn't have to assign for use on a host server. Having looked at tso, I cannot see where this is set up, all references to forwarding are blank, and my nameservers are still pointing to daily, so presumably are still being controlled by them...but for how long before suddenly I find my domains no longer point where they should. I'll quiz them on this in a few days, once they've no doubt gone through a mountain of queries similar.

well we've got over a thousand on web forwarding to Sedo so really hope they don't meddle with that as well.

I think investing in Nominet now is a decision that will pay off, in my position especially, since I no longer have to rely on third party services and registrars that could "up and move" whenever they want interrupting my own infrastructure. My advice to you Nigel would be to get on to Nominet soon as you can and sort yourself out a TAG, transfer all your domains over in one go for a tenner and then you're sorted. Update DNS through Nominet in bulk

If absolutely necessary I think you can still pay to do bulk tag changes directly through Nominet?

(You shouldn’t have to, of course, but if it’s that or see your domains held hostage by an uncooperative registrar it’s at least an option...)

Bulk tag change thro' nominet may be only option on this. Another problem is TSO Host are now saying I can only use my credits (over 100 still on my daily account) for new registrations and transfers - even though they were mainly purchased for renewals. Doesn't seem right especially as Daily said on 20th April:

"What happens to Domain credits?

If you have domain credits these will be copied across to your new my.tsohost account and you will still be able to use them. Moving forward, new domain credits will not be available for purchase."

I made the decision to get my own TAG and have no regrets. Will save future monies and hassle. Thankfully, i had ran out of Daily credits and had not topped up when i got the tso email.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom