Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Daily - warning!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Just been routinely checking my Daily account and turning off the auto-renew feature on a handful of names.

Suddenly noticed in the list of names a 'cancellation pending' notice next to one of my better names - I had never requested a cancellation and had renewed the name in February to 2015

Phoned them in a state of panic and spoke to a rather gormless sounding bloke who couldn't offer any explanation as to why this had happened except to say "it might be something to do with the transfer in" (I had initially bought the name from someone here but it was transferred into the account around 8 or 9 months ago at which point I had verified that the transfer had worked so this is not a plausible explanation)

He has revoked the cancellation now but offered no further explanation as to how this could have happened (or apology come to that!)

Rather alarmed that if I hadn't happened to check I could have lost a decent name. Until now everything had been plain sailing with Daily (certainly compared to 123) but now the alarm bells are ringing.

Get yourself a Nominet membership and (if you have other TLD's) an enom account (or other supplier) you can then look after all your domains yourself avoiding all the muppets. Cost is really not that much if you have to spend your time checking your reseller and hope they don't loose your valuable domains.

Get yourself a Nominet membership

Thanks, I'm going to look into it - I moved from 123 Reg last year and cant be bothered having to move yet again for more problems.

Would advise everyone to check their accounts regularly with a fine tooth comb!

use a bulk lookup tool to check your portfolio weekly. I use DNA Pro and just let it run, sort by NS and Registered User and Exp Date to look for changes.

Thanks, I'm going to look into it - I moved from 123 Reg last year and cant be bothered having to move yet again for more problems.

Would advise everyone to check their accounts regularly with a fine tooth comb!

As has been said a million times on here before. Get yourself a tag. Its FREE.

Keep domains on tag, at renewal, move to 123-REG, renew, move back to TAG. :roll:

Thanks Admin and Lee - will investigate DNA Pro, think I'm finally going to go down the TAG route as suggested!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom