Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

data harvesting

JMI

Reaction score
A specific car drove past me this morning which I really liked, not your average car (a C63 AMG which I would consider buying). I have not looked or researched this car in any way on the internet.

This car (almost identical) then appears for sale in a google ad on a unrelated website. This means that they were able to know with the blending of location data and my personal data that a middle aged man would like to see such a car advert.. don't tell me this was coincidence.

i get this, and notice it a lot.... Alexas..... phones.... they all listen all the time. I refuse to own a alexa for exactly this reason.

I reckon my iphone listens for keywords. Quite often see ads after having conversations about random stuff thats nothing to do with any online activity

Yeah, it gets to the point sometimes where you wonder if they are inside your head. You haven;t searched for an item, not spoke about it, but somehow it appears in an ad.

It's a coincidence. You saw a car advert. That's it.

The 'average middle aged man' wouldn't know a C63 AMG drove past them, which means you have a knowledge of vehicles more than most and implies you likely watch videos, research or view images of cars. Hence the advertising of more expensive cars towards you.

Are you being moronic for the sake of it? Obviously if I looked at this vehicle at any point then I would expect to see targeted ads :rolleyes:

The 'average middle aged man' wouldn't know a C63 AMG drove past them

I'd argue that if that is the case, there maybe potential for said "average middle aged man" to identify as a toaster instead.

Toaster here too. Glad to be in good toasting company

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom