Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

DebtConsolidation.co.uk - £14,000

Status
Not open for further replies.
its there because of SEO not because its a good generic domain..

Last edited:
With google maybe yes, then it's more down to SEO and other tricks or whatever the silly buggers are playing at Google HQ this week. With MSN keyword domains pretty much rule, as with Yahoo as well. SEO always helps you stay there, but then again, I chuck up pages all the time and they just seem to stay there, other times I lose out.

Debt Consolidation is a very hard term to get top of especially only after website was launched 2 weeks ago. (Website is still temporary!). So I believe domain name has played a big part in it. This seems especially true for msn. Try searching for debt consolidation loans on msn and look at all the domains that are top! Only 1 in the Top 10 doesn't have debt consolidation loan in the domain name!!
I manage our website optimisation and this was a large part of the reason for buying the name. Also the hope of type in traffic.

On msn I once had six or seven of the top ten spots covered and yahoo four or five, the trouble is it's pony traffic, a trickle compared to what google can send you even with one in the top five. Hopefully finance traffic is more productive for you on MSN than the items I had selling.

I guess it depends on who uses msn to search. I have noticed it is a less technical crowd than google....so certain terms you can be top and get v little traffic!

I think MSN is an easy kill.. your 200+ links helps you a lot... problem is keeping it there.. keep on top of your SEO or the SERPS for MSN will be up and down like a pair of whores knickers..

there is still much debate about domain names holding any significant relevance to SERPS.. I for one don't believe that the search engine algo's give extra points for domain names.. go to any seo forum & I think they will pretty much agree..

no-1 for debt consolidation on msn is an hyphenated name that plenty on this forum would (as a new reg) give a valuation of reg fee.. so is it there because of SEO or because of its domain name?

well done anyway... ;-)

I've sold about 300 generic domain names over the last couple of years, so have a fairly good grasp of what they sell for. I just can't see how Debtconsolidation.co.uk was worth £14,000. It's worth a bit now (but not that much) because it's linked from all over the place, mostly because of the sale price.

I think the domain name is of limited value when attracting search engines, you just need something plausible sounding and there are plenty of them available for the registration fee.

I put debtconsolidating.co.uk up for sale at £330 and don't expect it to sell. (If anybody wants it I'll throw in loanmanagement.co.uk and financecontrol.co.uk for free.)

The thing is, most people that need to consider Debt consolidation wont be able to spell it. ;)

Cleardebt.co.uk or similar is therefore a winner in my book. :smile:

Last edited:
Enough people can spell it right!

It goes back to that fact domain names are worth more to a business that can deliver the service they relate to than to a someone earning on the ppc adverts.

Say you sold million pound machines and you bought a domain that got you just 1 sale. What would you say the domain was worth??? On some poeples theory not a lot if it was only getting say 10 hits a month??

FC Domains said:
I've sold about 300 generic domain names over the last couple of years, so have a fairly good grasp of what they sell for. I just can't see how Debtconsolidation.co.uk was worth £14,000. It's worth a bit now (but not that much) because it's linked from all over the place, mostly because of the sale price.

I think the domain name is of limited value when attracting search engines, you just need something plausible sounding and there are plenty of them available for the registration fee.

I put debtconsolidating.co.uk up for sale at £330 and don't expect it to sell. (If anybody wants it I'll throw in loanmanagement.co.uk and financecontrol.co.uk for free.)

Maybe you undersold yours??

To be quite honest if I was in debt, and at present I have an overdraft, a catalogue card and a credit card, I would type in debt consolidation as that's the tin I would want to buy and that's what it says on it.

But thinking off the cuff I'd probably type in consolidate debt first, and if I'd just seen an advert, which is highly unlikely as I turn over whenever those bleeding financial ads are on, I would type in the advertised address.

debtconsolidation.co.uk has 8
debtconsolidation has 0
debt consolidation 104481 so they can certainly spell the words
consolidatedebt 121
consolidatedebt.co.uk 0
consolidatedebt 33055

I can't believe the previous owner wasn't making £14,000 a year out of it anyway, either as a business or an affiliate. You can generalise about prices but it really is a buyers game once the seller gets the price he wants hehe.

And let's face it, the worth to affiliate is probably more than a business, as an affiliate may get paid on referral alone, good seo and if 10% get an offer in, that's £30,000 a month.

Last edited:
Yes MSN likes back to front as well.

For the term 'widgetsblue widgetsred' I've got widgetsblue-widgetsred.co.uk and just below in fourth is someone else with widgetsred-widgetsblue.co.uk but I'm sixth with something else so hopefully they'll miss the middle out :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom