Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Detagged domain - advice needed

Discussion in 'Detagged or Suspended UK Domain Names' started by zingzilla, Jun 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zingzilla United Kingdom

zingzilla Member

There is a .co.uk domain name I want to support my offline business. It wouldnt have much value on the open market but its important to me.
    Problem is the current status says 'detagged'. What does this mean exactly and how can I get my hands on it?
    There was a limited company of the same name which was dissolved in 2007 but I have no up to date contact details.
    Any advice greatly appreciated.

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. invincible

invincible Well-Known Member

All "detagged" means is the domain name isn't assigned to a Registrar. Add 92 days to the expiry date and the domain name will probably be deleted on that date. From then you may be successful at registering FCFS or pay to use dropcatching services.

4. deleted7/10/23 United Kingdom

deleted7/10/23 Banned

It means that there is no current Nominet Tag-Holder assigned to manage the domain - they'd need to deal direct with Nominet and pay the £10+vat fee to have the tag-changed shoudl they wish to do so.

*Normally* a domain gets detagged when there is no longer a relationship between registration service and registrant, although there are cases of malicious detagging by certain larger registrars in order to be a PITA to people leaving.

If it's owned by the disolved company, then it'll _probably_ get deleted for non-renewal ~3months after the expiry date
    If it's owned by an individual, then you'll need to approach them to discuss purchasing it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.