Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Director election results

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Anybody know when they're going to be announced?

Uncle Bob said at the AGM yesterday that it would be "tomorrow" - which is today - but surely they must have the results by now?

I understand that they (quite rightly) contact the candidates first to let them know, before publishing the results. I think in the past it has been the middle of the day sometime - but they did not indicate a time at any point yesterday that I heard.

I was just about to post the same.

Very surprised to see only 9% of the electorate voted. That's really poor :(

I was just about to post the same.

Very surprised to see only 9% of the electorate voted. That's really poor :(

Firstly, congratulations to Seb and Angus on their election. Well done to them and well done to the other candidates who ran good campaigns and offered the voters genuine choice. :p

9% of possible voters is fairly typical I think - but remeber Nominet mebership has a very long tail of small members.

The number of votes cast has jumped though - from 455,000 last year to 835,000 this year. That sort of increased number of votes cast has to be a good thing - and provides a strong mandate for the two successful candidates.

So much for electronic voting then.

Personally, I prefer to receive important documents through the post. It might help if Nominet allowed those of us who prefer to receive postal communications to still be able to vote online. I have voted every time but this never got round to downloading and printing the documents. I definitely would have voted if i had received printed versions as I would have read them on my travels.

Stephen.

Very disappointing indeed.

seb

It kind of puts the lie to the notion that postal voting had anything to do with low voting percentages. It reaffirms the suspicion that most members just aren't interested in the process, and for that I blame the style of the unelected board members in particular.

Personally, I prefer to receive important documents through the post. It might help if Nominet allowed those of us who prefer to receive postal communications to still be able to vote online. I have voted every time but this never got round to downloading and printing the documents. I definitely would have voted if i had received printed versions as I would have read them on my travels.

They do... My company is not set up for electronic communication but I still voted online (and of course didn't return my paper vote).

seb

Stephen.

It's a bit curious if members can't opt to receive both and then choose which way they want to vote. Maybe make keep getting the post copy an "opt in" when registering for the online option.

Still, it's not all bad news. I think the fact that almost twice as many votes were cast this year compared to last year should be applauded. Perhaps the Nominet PR statement could have included reference to that too.

If those numbers keep going up year-on-year, that can only be a good thing. :D

Last edited:
They do... My company is not set up for electronic communication but I still voted online (and of course didn't return my paper vote).

seb

Well I was advised that if I opted for printed communications then I couldn't vote online. Clearly I was misinformed by the Noimnet rep then.

Well I was advised that if I opted for printed communications then I couldn't vote online. Clearly I was misinformed by the Noimnet rep then.

Sounds incorrect to me. E-mail them and ask :)

seb

Congratulations seb and Angus, hard luck Michael.

I'm glad there's a bit more balance being ushered in gradually.

Best of luck,

yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom