Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

DL question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I'm about to post my first DomainLore auction. So I have to agree to sell .co.uk and .uk together if I own both. Does this mean that if I haven't yet registered the .uk, they sell as one lot? And if I have both registered, they must both be sold (separately) in the same auction? If that's the case (both registered/sold in same auction) is it 2 listing fees?

I'm a bit slow :p

If the domain has "rights" to the .UK you must sell with rights intact, if you have exercised your rights an own both .co.uk and .uk then you must sell as a pair if you own them.

If you have registered the .co.uk but the .UK is free to register then the red box you see at the top left on some auctions will alert people to the fact the .UK is Free to Register. Domains of this type generally don't sell well or someone will snatch the .UK from under it.

If you have registered the .co.uk but someone else has the .uk, the the same red box above indicates this.

In all the above scenarios, its classed as 1 single listing fee.

I asked this last night on another thread as confused.

So if I have the .co.uk and .uk do they get listed at the same time but each can be bid on and sold separately?

Take carteblanche for example, listed on this forum as both sold within 10 minutes of each other but for different amounts?

Take carteblanche for example, listed on this forum as both sold within 10 minutes of each other but for different amounts?

They were owned by 2 different registrants. Thats why they were 2 separate listings.

I asked this last night on another thread as confused.

So if I have the .co.uk and .uk do they get listed at the same time but each can be bid on and sold separately?

I thought this was the case, so still confused. My auction is still pending so I don't know for sure. Any domains listed as a pair states "+ .uk rights of registration" but mine is already registered. If mine sells as a pair and states this, it will be misleading the buyer as they win 2 registered domains, not one with rights to the other.

I thought this was the case, so still confused. My auction is still pending so I don't know for sure. Any domains listed as a pair states "+ .uk rights of registration" but mine is already registered. If mine sells as a pair and states this, it will be misleading the buyer as they win 2 registered domains, not one with rights to the other.

Apparently carteblanche was two different sellers but seems a bit of a coincidence they sell on the same site on the same day. Same as mortgagequote.co.uk/.uk

Seems to me people are changing the Whois of one of each domain then selling them separately.... Or maybe I'm just cynical

Apparently carteblanche was two different sellers but seems a bit of a coincidence they sell on the same site on the same day. Same as mortgagequote.co.uk/.uk

Seems to me people are changing the Whois of one of each domain then selling them separately.... Or maybe I'm just cynical

It's not a coincidence, they are drops that were caught by different people who then listed them as individual auctions. It makes sense to do this as there's more demand for the pair.

Grant

Edit:

Ah got it so how will mine be listed?, I haven't seen a pair sold with both registered by the same person

Last edited:
Nevermind, I see it with one listed right now - t's listed like this:

Domain name MyDomain.co.uk is on the auction!+ MyDomain.uk

If you own both, or have right of registration for the .uk, it will be sold in a single auction as a pair, so the winning bidder gets both. If the domain has two separate owners, then they are sold individually. It isn't suspicious that two separately owned extensions are sold at the same time (roughly), as you can stipulate the finish time, and these guys are on the ball, so when they spot one up for sale, they take the opportunity to do the same; it has worked out quite well in that situation, but realistically, no one likes a pairing split, it is a pain!

If you own both, or have right of registration for the .uk, it will be sold in a single auction as a pair, so the winning bidder gets both. If the domain has two separate owners, then they are sold individually. It isn't suspicious that two separately owned extensions are sold at the same time (roughly), as you can stipulate the finish time, and these guys are on the ball, so when they spot one up for sale, they take the opportunity to do the same; it has worked out quite well in that situation, but realistically, no one likes a pairing split, it is a pain!

Thanks Ian,

You can see what it initially looks like to a newbie!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom