Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Domainbox.com to run .cymru, .wales domain platform

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
http://www.telecompaper.com/news/domainboxcom-to-run-cymru-wales-domain-platform--940667

Domainbox.com to run .cymru, .wales domain platform
Tuesday 30 April 2013 | 15:07 CET | News

Nominet Registrar Services, subsidiary set up by Nominet to provide a reseller system for .cymru and .wales domains, has selected Domainbox.com to run the .cymru / .wales reseller platform. Domainbox.com is a cloud based wholesale domain name registration and management platform owned by Host Europe Group. The .wales and .cymru domains are due to launch as part of ICANN's new Generic Top Level Domain (gTLD) programme in 2014. The reseller system will allow registrars who are not ICANN accredited to resell .wales and .cymru domain names via NRS. The Domainbox.com platform will allow resellers to register and manage domain names via a comprehensive SOAP and/or EPP based interface or via a Web 2.0 administrative portal.

Really a piss poor decision that needs justification. Why spend all that time & money only to farm it out when they have arguably the best EPP capable infrastructure!

And to host europe where there is a decided conflict of interests. And why weren't the membership pre-informed of this?

I know the statement from Nominet angers a lot of people. For those who think things have gone quiet on the action against the people at Nominet, they haven't. Things are progressing (better than I hoped), but mostly in the background now because that is where things are most affective.

There are a lot of things that are still ongoing.....

There are a lot of things that are still ongoing.....

Yep - was wondering that myself - so good to hear things are moving along nicely.

Announcements like this one above - show their arrogance and complete disregard for members/stakeholders...

TW

Did anyone recall this going out to competitive tender? Was anyone on here invited to bid for this?

If not I'm about to make another complaint to the authorities.... In addition to other issues with this bid.

Why would they look for bids? Why wouldn't they consider the solutions on the market and then choose the one they preferred? :)

lol mate, you trying to get me in court again? Things are going so well on that score I really don't want to rock the boat by answering that haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom