Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

@ellis dropping his first name in .uk and .co.uk?

Reaction score
I'm aware of a registrar that was/is a member here @Ellis that appears to have dropped his first name (Alex) in .co.uk and .uk.

I wouldn't normally draw attention to names that are dropping cause I'd like to snag them for myself, but doesn't this seem like strange behaviour for a domain investor to drop their first name (a popular name at that) in an extension they're supposed to be a registrar in.

Looks like it was purchased in 2006 here at acorn.

It makes me wonder if @Ellis is ok? Maybe my worries are misplaced...

Dealt with him in the past. Just dropped him an email.
Brilliant. Thanks! I hope he's OK.

Hopefully his email address wasn't @ the .co.uk, as it's past the point of no return so won't be functioning...

Last edited:
He didn't reply unfortunately.

I asked Nominet to send him a message and it seems like they have failed to get into contact with him... nor do they care to be honest haha.

He could literally be deceased and his tag still lives on...

That's very sad news. We should all have something in place regarding valuable names should the worst happen.

I didn't know him and I did think it was strange for him to be dropping alex in .co.uk and .uk.

Thanks for finding out. I'm sorry that it is the worst news regarding him RIP. I have followed up with Nominet, not that I expect they'll do anything.

Unfortunately this has happened to portfolio holders in the past. I seem to recall Nominet put a hold on the tag the last time until the probate was sorted.

I recall him mentioning involvement with beds.co.uk site. Looking at archive.org, the company behind the site was 05012340, they now operate https://shortybeds.co.uk. Companies house shows he resigned in Mar 2023 and year of birth makes him around 52 years old. So more than likely it is him. Sad if true.

I recall him mentioning involvement with beds.co.uk site. Looking at archive.org, the company behind the site was 05012340, they now operate https://shortybeds.co.uk. Companies house shows he resigned in Mar 2023 and year of birth makes him around 52 years old. So more than likely it is him. Sad if true.
He also has shortybeds.uk and bedexpress.uk under his tag, which matches the companies house record for a dissolved company with his name Bed Express Ltd. His name, year and month of birth on companies house matches the one from the linked obituary.

He was 52 Mo. I met him once many years ago, was quite enthusiastic about domains, like all of us. He did some community work in Lancaster and had kids. Very sad at 52 and shows how vulnerable we all are.

He was 52 Mo. I met him once many years ago, was quite enthusiastic about domains, like all of us. He did some community work in Lancaster and had kids. Very sad at 52 and shows how vulnerable we all are.

Indeed. The older I get the more health anxiety I seem to accrue.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom