Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Escrow Service UK pounds transaction help please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi , I have a deal arranged for a .com domain name , the buyer is in France the price is £5k .

I did a search on Acorn and came up with some good leads....But I am a bit stuck :(

1) Sedo 3% , YEAH i thought great I know them and trust them enough to use them...THEN i contacted them Basically because the domain name is listed with them and even if I delete the name from the site , THEN i would be charged the full amount 15 % , EVEN though I found the buyer !!! NUTS

2) Escrowhill.com Hmmm I thought after reading a couple of threads...Lets give them a try....Doh they have been sold to another company ...http://aplegal.com/domain-name-escrow/ so i have contacted them and await a reply....but I am guessing fees might of changed and how they deal with GBP might be a pain...!! but time will tell.

3) Flippa escrow services , I read a few reviews on line , they seem to get a bit of a slating...SO not sure I want to go down that route , but happy to be convinced by other members on Acorn as to how good / bad they are....

4) HELP PLEASE can anyone offer more recommendations for a easy to use GBP pay out Escrow service

I've used both Transpact.com and eCop.com for this sort of situation.

Escrow.com

Just use Escrow.com and work out the £ to $ conversion via xe.com e.g. £5,000 = $7,677 - Then round it off to say $7700 to cover the wire transfer to your bank.

Regards,
Barry

Just use Escrow.com and work out the £ to $ conversion via xe.com e.g. £5,000 = $7,677 - Then round it off to say $7700 to cover the wire transfer to your bank.

Regards,
Barry

Escrow.com would also allow your buyer to pay in Euros.

I have used Transpact a couple of times and have been amazed. Really great service and unbelievably cheap! On one occasion I called them about something and someone even picked up the phone...

I can't say enough good things about them and hope the service is the same for others as I have experienced.

Be aware, xe.com rates differ significantly to the bank rates. A profitable area for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom