Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

EU domains at 123-reg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Does anyone know if 123-reg are any good at registering pre orders for EU domains?

I figure it might be hard/impossible to say. Maybe others had experience with preorders for info, biz etc at 123-reg.

Or maybe you have suggestions on whom else offers money back if they dont reg it.

No one can tell you a answer.

Also they said there not allowed to take pre regs, I heard taht companys that take pre regs will be blocked from the first 12 hours of regging names. (nothing offical though )

You will notice that 123-reg is not on the accredited registrars list, nor is hosteurope or pipex. Thats because they will buy their .eu domains through Tucows which is an accredited registrar.

What this means is that there will be loads of companies registering their domains though Tucows and with each one having their own pre-reg list, so the chances of getting a good name in those first few seconds is pretty slim. The best chance you have is to pre-reg with an accredited registrar although it's a bit late now as they would have had their pre-reg list going for years (like 123-reg) and as such all the good names would have long gone.

As for the blocking of companies with pre-reg list, well Eurid has backed down now after a lot of complaints as virtually every company including most accredited registrars have one.

Saying that, I do myself have quite a few pre-reg domains at 123-reg and I've also cancelled a couple and they are good on their word when it comes to getting a refund back although it does take some time.

Hope that helps.

Just a thought on .eu domains. Isn't the EU already a failed project as far as British people are concerned? If so what is the prospect for .eu domains? perhaps there may be some value in holidays.eu but I cannot see many forward thinking British business wanting to use a .eu domain and the resale value will definitely be affected. The euro is failing, the eu constitution has been rejected, the majority of the British people now want out of the EU, so it hardly seems a good time to buy english language .eu domains.

Your right

Also us Domainers will wreck the market in days as we will take 99% of all decent names in hours.

So alot of the names will just pass between 1 domainer and the next. For a few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom