20i Reseller Hosting

How do I get 123-reg to release transferred domain?

Discussion in 'General Board' started by Siusaidh, Jul 20, 2019.

1. Siusaidh United Kingdom

Siusaidh Active Member

Hi, I think I saw a discussion on this recently but I can't find it.

I bought Uganda.uk at Domainlore auction. I transferred the money. The vendor was great and initiated transfer with Nominet. The name came through on my own Nominet Online Services page. I paid the transfer fee and changed the registrar to LIVEDOMAINS. Nominet accepted the transfer. The money went through.

BUT... the Whois shows the domain still registered at 123-reg, and it seems to be stuck.

This is very frustrating. Could anyone offer advice on what they think is happening. Is it normal to have a delay like this. I completed the transfer about 3 hours ago.

Thanks, Siusaidh

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

articles.co.uk

3. meslam123

meslam123 Active Member

I believe LIVEDOMAINS needs to accept your domain transfer manually.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Murray

Murray Well-Known Member

Yeah as Meslam said, for the transfer to complete the new registrar has to accept it on their tag, most companies auto accept tag changes so it's instant but for whatever reason FastHosts don't

5. PhilGreg United Kingdom

PhilGreg Active Member

And their UK domain team ( Fasthosts ) don't work weekends, so it will be mon or tues b4 they accept it onto their tag and you get to see the update on whois.

6. Ben Thomas

Ben Thomas Well-Known Member Full Member

For public facing companies, I've seen a few registrars who operate like Fasthosts (manually approving stuff, not working weekends) it's not good service.

7. Siusaidh United Kingdom

Siusaidh Active Member

Ah, thank you, guys, I really appreciate the advice, and I'll phone them on Monday am if they don't deliver, but I think you've set my mind at rest. This domain really matters to me, because it's for my daughter and her work with very poor and vulnerable kids. I really appreciate this forum and the support it gives. THANK YOU.