Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

EV SSL Certificates

Reaction score
Has anyone here used a EV SSL Certificate on a site did it increase conversions at all.

Just picked one up In the NameCheap black Friday sale cracking discount so thought its worth a punt.

With most browsers dropping the full green background now though not sure if they still carry the same credibility

Hi, yes I use EV SSL's from NameCheap, I use their EV by (Geotrust) with 5 Extra SAN's
One thing about EV is it can take awhile to get set up and you have to jump through hoops to get verified, But its a good thing for the consumer as this stops rouge websites / companies obtaining them.

I can not tell on the before and after conversions as the sites are growing steadily year on year,but it sure does look much better then a normal SSL.

I am not sure the average consumer would know what an SSL with Extended Validation is..

Thanks for letting me know about the black friday deal, I need to renew them in the next month :)

We haven't bothered yet, mostly because in the UK we can't "prove" a Trading Name and we'd rather have the brand name show in the bar than the name of the company. If anyone knows a way around this, I'd appreciate a heads up. The providers I've dealt with haven't been very helpful.

Yes due to transparency , I have to have "xxxxxx Ltd [GB]" in the bar. across all my sites that are trading as zzzzzz, I don't see this ever changing.

I managed to pick up the Ltd company that matches my domain so Ok on that front
The namecheap deal was on comodo EV SSL
Filled out a load of forms and comodo have told me I need to be listed in D&B which I don't seem to be yet even though there site says it should happen automatically when a company is incorporated.
God knows why they cant just validate against companies house details

Looks like namescheap are discontinuing the GeoTrust EV on the 30th of NOV, I have just renewed in time and got a two year deal.

The DUNS number is a pain.. Make sure everything matches up on DUNS, Company House and Whois... for validation to go through smoothly.

They directly call you too to validate any telephone numbers.

Didn't think about the whois I'll get that updated as well thanks

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom