Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Find It For Less

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think people who're going to post a deal will do it regardless - I don't really think an offer of 5 pence here and there is going to sway them either way.

I do, definitely.

Have a look at MoneySavingExpert and the comping boards, it's full of scroungers wanting something, anything for free.

They post up about how they have spent literally all day watching videos and completing surveys to accumulate 17p. They have running totals in their signatures and everything.

I am not sure where 5 pence here and there comes from. Yes of course for a couple of quid on an item it will be 5p but there are bigger commisions. Post an offer for a £799 TV where a couple sell and it is a different story isn't it?

There has been an order today for £123.71 and the user will get around £4 from that retailer. Post an amazing offer that people will lap up, quite easily get £20 - £30.

I agree, some places do offer awful commission though but I can't help that :(

I do, definitely.

Have a look at MoneySavingExpert and the comping boards, it's full of scroungers wanting something, anything for free.

They post up about how they have spent literally all day watching videos and completing surveys to accumulate 17p. They have running totals in their signatures and everything.

That is the target audience.

This money saving lark isn't for everybody. People will post offers, they do it now for free. Why not do it and possibly get the odd 4 quid here, 9 quid there, 5p there etc.

Yourself and the website mentions and highlights sharing, "Share offers or product searches with friends and family to earn even more cashback when they buy through your link!", yet I see no share buttons on search results or any page for that matter.

Yourself and the website mentions and highlights sharing, "Share offers or product searches with friends and family to earn even more cashback when they buy through your link!", yet I see no share buttons on search results or any page for that matter.

At the minute there is the yellow bar (share and earn more) which automatically shares and will generate the user's a link automatically via twitter, email etc.

There were the usual FB, twitter buttons on most pages but for some reason it didn't like the tracking so I didn't want to mislead people as they wouldn't get any earnings so they have been removed for now. Should be back on tonight also :) Means it isn't obvious enough so thanks for point it out!

Also in regards to the search issues have you considered allowing for exact match searches via the use of quotes and/or a filter selection, and also possibly matching keywords to product names based on a string length/word count quantifier?

Last edited:
Also in regards to the search issues have you considered allowing for exact match searches via the use of quotes and/or a filter selection, and also possibly matching keywords to product names based on a string length quantifier?

I can enable the exact match but I was trying not to over complicate it too much.

I am just looking into sorting by relevance and having a minimum relevance and then sorting by price. So it has to be x% relevant and then gets sorted.

Hi Guys

I have been reading this. Obviously finditforless is a new competitor for me, so it's difficult for me to comment but I wish him well.

Regarding my site not working, yes, it is annoying that I lost a sale, and I'm back in touch with Affiliate Window support. It's a plain vanilla version of the ShopWindow solution, which may need updating.

Rgds

"which may need updating."

Id scrap sorting your sitemap or whatever you spoke of in a previous thread and at least get the sites basics working....;)

In response to this, all offer pages and product search pages now have dynamic share buttons so it auto generates a personalised link for users :)

Retracted .....................

Last edited:
Think some of you code needs tweeking type in rolex it shows Rolex Oyster Perpetual Daytona 116523 (g) £11 bargain lol

If you filter by SwagUK, the price seems ok, so guess it's an issue with the feed from Amazon.

Thanks, it looks like Amazon is giving me dodgy information :( Going to re-check the Amazon script and see what is going on as their feed is actually giving me the low price.

People can still easily game the most searched for items. I pushed "Monkey" into the list. If you used cookies or IP it'd at least stop someone simply hitting refresh until their phrase was there...

People can still easily game the most searched for items. I pushed "Monkey" into the list. If you used cookies or IP it'd at least stop someone simply hitting refresh until their phrase was there...

Yep, we have it set so it is only 1 per user but it is disabled for the minute until it is a bit busier :) Once the traffic is flowing it will be back on but we are keeping an eye on it and will jump on it if it is abused. Just doesn't look very good just yet saying 1 search for this, 2 for that.

Manually edit them then - with the advantage of you can feature things which are particularly topical and/or high paying :lol:

How's this going Nick? Hope it's going well.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Hi Jamie,

Thanks for asking.

It is slowly growing, word is getting out on social media and there has been a couple of offers that have taken off this week (one was a pair of womens boots that seemed to get shared a lot and sold 20 pairs through the site, the other was a frozen doll).

Have run a competition for signups so just need to start getting people more active at the minute, there are a fair few people coming on to buy / compare price but don't sign up to get cashback so have been tweaking the site to get them to convert into members.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom