Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Getting A Tag: Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I'm currently filling out the form, nameservers, can they be from reseller hosting? Like hostroute?

Cheers
Lee

yes - as long as hostroute is happy for you to manage your domains using their nameservers when they are not registrars.

but you can put something like ns1 and ns2.fastpark.net

yesterday

hostroute have nameroute I think to sell domains.

I suppose this information can all be updated after though?

Cheers
Lee

I meant, not the registrars of that particular domain, so are not getting any benefit from your useage of the nameservers.

I am sure there are many nameserver services - I think they were listed on one of the stickies here somewhere.

Yes it can be changed with automaton commands.

yesterday

I've not worked out why they ask for nameservers on that form, as you still have to specify them on every reg anyway?

I meant, not the registrars of that particular domain, so are not getting any benefit from your useage of the nameservers.

I am sure there are many nameserver services - I think they were listed on one of the stickies here somewhere.

Yes it can be changed with automaton commands.

yesterday

OK, well I'll just leave it at that for now, change later when I figure out what I'm doing. Next question...

I filled out the HQ info putting my English address, but now I'm on the contact, admin and technical, now this all shows in whois presumably? does it? Simple aint I... so me being in Romania is that going to be a problem for some dealing with me do you think or should I shove all those details on my English address?

Cheers
Lee

I hope they give me one oo er, I want me name as tag as well, I did want w-e-b but I'm preferring my whole name at the moment. Others have done it that way so it should be ok, I'm not after a credit account really just a tag, then I'll take it from there and see if I want or need membership.

thanks for the help

Cheers
Lee

lee, it doesnt matter what you enter for your details.
when you use the automation you'll probably make yourself a template which can have anything on it.

i dont see the point (please point it out) in becoming a tag holder without
full membership ?

I hope they give me one oo er, I want me name as tag as well, I did want w-e-b but I'm preferring my whole name at the moment. Others have done it that way so it should be ok, I'm not after a credit account really just a tag, then I'll take it from there and see if I want or need membership.

thanks for the help

Cheers
Lee

Unless you are using a trading name and can provide documentary evidence showing that you are operating under that trading name you will have no choice but to have a tag name that is your personal name i.e. 'LOWEN' (brau), or whatever your name is.

Nameservers - anything will do on the application form. You can put whatever you want, and if you send off requests you can even leave that field blank and add those details to th eregistration later as and when you need to.

Address - Nom will post your tag contract to you which you need to sign and return. Faxing et.c. not good enough as far as I know unless something has changed. Therefore you will need to include your Rom address.

lee, it doesnt matter what you enter for your details.
when you use the automation you'll probably make yourself a template which can have anything on it.

i dont see the point (please point it out) in becoming a tag holder without
full membership ?

Easier domain management
Easier domain renewals (moving to whatever registrar is cheapest/quickest at that time)
More professional domain sales
Increased customer confidence
Increased domain security

Easier domain management
Easier domain renewals (moving to whatever registrar is cheapest/quickest at that time)
More professional domain sales
Increased customer confidence
Increased domain security

i agree on all the above,
but you have to remeber to move them to a registrar when its renwal time,
otherwise you pay £80 to renew

Thanks for all the feedback, I got LEEOWEN (depending on anything I've missed making it not go through) which I'm happy with as I won't be getting domains for others, just going to war with domcollect - joke, I think. Give it time and I may become a member. Probably. And then invest a couple of hundred thousand and take on RTL. ;)

Anyone want to lend me a couple of hundred thousand... :mrgreen: then I'm going to run for Nominet, make DRS perfect, set up .uk and with my unbeatable script, reg them all. :-D

Cheers
Lee

I have been put off getting a TAG because of the words "Credit" and "Account". Any information on this?

They give you 'credit' and IF you spend anything, they take it from your 'account'

Im not sure what you dont understand?

I was thinking you had to deposit X amount of money into a credit account, I didn't think they just took it from your bank account.

I'm going to go read up :)

I was thinking you had to deposit X amount of money into a credit account, I didn't think they just took it from your bank account.

If you have a shite credit reference then you will have to deposit funds with them, at least thats how I seem to remember it.

I don't think Nom check credit history or even contact your bank. If you don't pay the invoice the reg gets cancelled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom