Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Godaddy domain broker

Reaction score
Had a GoDaddy domain broker contact me offering low $xxx on a .co.uk on behalf of a client

Seems strange to use GoDaddy, the domain has a landing page and it's easy to find out how to contact me from the whois

I thought maybe it's not someone very experienced with domains who had tried to register it with them and then got that pop up suggesting you use their broker so sent a small offer

I replied thanks, but my asking price is ____ not expecting it to be a serious buyer but they got back to me and said the client would like to purchase at that price and gave me a link to login and accept the offer

Has anyone sold to a GoDaddy broker before? anything I should be aware of like hidden fees as a seller?

Thanks

Have sold a couple of names like this without any issues.

My understanding was the buyer paid a 20% commission on top of broker's fee and seller paid nothing, but that may have changed.

Email whoever contacted you at Go Daddy and ask to make sure.

Had few sales like this, no cost to seller. When offers comes in US $, sometimes the buyer can agree to change to GBP hence no rate conversion worries.

They take forever to reply is the problem

For the transfer, how did you guys do it for a .uk? do you have to add the domain to your godaddy account and tag change to them so they can do it manually?

They told me the buyer had made payment and to login, go somewhere and under "status" it would say "begin transfer" but there's no option under status, but maybe i need to add it to my godaddy account first

The buyer bought in dollars, the money I'm being shown is £ and it's over £100 less than the exchange rate so that's great if it's accurate :rolleyes: already lost over £100

They take forever to reply is the problem

For the transfer, how did you guys do it for a .uk? do you have to add the domain to your godaddy account and tag change to them so they can do it manually?

They told me the buyer had made payment and to login, go somewhere and under "status" it would say "begin transfer" but there's no option under status, but maybe i need to add it to my godaddy account first

The buyer bought in dollars, the money I'm being shown is £ and it's over £100 less than the exchange rate so that's great if it's accurate :rolleyes: already lost over £100

They will normally ask you to release to GODADDY but sometimes they will ask you to send a nominet transfer to there email address all depends if the buyer has a account etc.

All you need to do is to release to GODADDY then they will update details they do take time thats the only issue can take days if not weeks for a reply.....

Original offer was 23rd, they agreed to my price on the 31st and they apparently have the money today so it's not been too slow really

I don't really get using a broker I think it's $70 just for GoDaddy to enquire then 20% of the sale price as said above, which is a lot

Broker has no motivation to get you a good price, they want you to pay as much as possible

In 2014 I was contacted by a broker (not godaddy), googled his name, he had been involved in some large .com sales, I gave him my asking price he asked to call, we spoke on the phone and he said "their budget is larger than what you're asking, could you email and say you've changed your mind and ask for £2000 more, we can split it afterwards and you can meet me in London for a drink with the £1k

Nice bloke when I met up with him..

Only joking lol I didn't meet up with him, I just said I didn't feel comfortable with that and I was going to stick with my original asking price and carry on like it hadn't happened

Last edited:
Received payment today so not to bad of a turn around, GoDaddy reply time was about 24-48 hours so again not too bad, albeit not quick

All in all a good experience as a seller with GoDaddy brokers

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom