Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Godaddy Free UK domain transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Noticed that you can now update full domain registrant info via Godaddy so in effect a tool to get free domain transfers for non TAG holders.

Are any other accredited partners allowing this yet might be useful for members without a TAG

Noticed that you can now update full domain registrant info via Godaddy so in effect a tool to get free domain transfers for non TAG holders.

Are any other accredited partners allowing this yet might be useful for members without a TAG

Thanks for info, will certainly help me to attract few more buyers :)

Is this a new update on their behalf? I'm Sure it wasn't in place few weeks ago, when I bought couple domains and moved them to my GD account, had to pay Nominet fee then ;)

Are you sure the registrant changes on the Whois?

Since AssetDomains is not on the forum at this very minute and sale thread via which he bought domain name WorldTrip.co.uk is still running, so it's no secret which domain name we are talking about, I will answer this one..

It has changed indeed, see here:
http://www.whois.com/whois/worldtrip.co.uk

I am actually well impressed in all honestly :)

Yes I had intended to have them release it to my TAG and do it myself but I just tested updating the registrant field's out of curiosity.

They had me confirm I had permission to do it via checkbox and referenced some nominet T&C's

It didn't update straight away but when I looked again a few hours later whois was changed and the name is now in my account

Does merely changing the registrant information actually legally transfer a domain to a new owner if a sale took place?

Here is the tick box agree discaimer from Nominet:

I confirm that any change made to the registrant name for this domain name represents a correction and is not a transfer of the domain name to a new registrant. I understand that Nominet may reverse any changes, charge a fee or suspend or cancel a domain name should Nominet in its reasonable discretion believe this to be a transfer of the domain and not a mere correction to the registrant field.

So with that in mind, I suppose for peace of mind its always better to initiate a paid transfer if the domain you just purchased is really valuable?

Does merely changing the registrant information actually legally transfer a domain to a new owner if a sale took place?

Here is the tick box agree discaimer from Nominet:

So with that in mind, I suppose for peace of mind its always better to initiate a paid transfer if the domain you just purchased is really valuable?

Thanks It will certainly be worth getting clarification from nominet accredited registrars are supposedly allowed to do transfers.
Looks like they don't want to give up that fee just yet though.
For safety I'll have this dropped onto my tag and then do a transfer via web domain manager

You were correct, they can do it.

Accredited and self managed tags can via epp transfer a domain, but only if the new registrant has a contact already.

So godaddy could do a push of sorts quite easily to a new owner, the delay may indicate a manual check for safety? Or manually creating a new contact for the transfer to occur. Good way of getting new customers. I guess if they trust their systems they could create or pull the new contact and transfer a domain to a new owner or existing customer in an instant.

If they just changed the registrant field only on a domain, this would be done by changing the registrant at contact level and every domain on that id would also have their registrant changed.

Imagine thinking you'd sold one domains and accidentally transferred everyone you own lol

You were correct, they can do it.

Accredited and self managed tags can via epp transfer a domain, but only if the new registrant has a contact already.

So godaddy could do a push of sorts quite easily to a new owner, the delay may indicate a manual check for safety? Or manually creating a new contact for the transfer to occur. Good way of getting new customers. I guess if they trust their systems they could create or pull the new contact and transfer a domain to a new owner or existing customer in an instant.

If they just changed the registrant field only on a domain, this would be done by changing the registrant at contact level and every domain on that id would also have their registrant changed.

Imagine thinking you'd sold one domains and accidentally transferred everyone you own lol

Wouldn't it just be easier to FORK the domain name to a new contact and then MODIFY as an Accredited Channel Partner?

The one I mentioned included modify?

I don't know about fork as it seems the long way around, but as above if its all automated then I guess anyway of doing it works.

The nominet Domain Lock should be used for expensive domains anyway, so I guess the ease of moving domains is only good for the type of quality that I register lol

Have you any idea how much Domain Lock costs per domain name?

(from iPhone)

It's £90 a year and your billed monthly so if you break away you only pay for the months you have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom