Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Google Help

Reaction score
I've found myself in a circular loop with Google Adsense that seems to conclude I'm doomed to never be able to use this service again. My predicament:

Google now only permits one Adsense account per user. Over 10-15 years I have probably held several. Recently I've tried to dip my spoon back in to the Adsense pot but trying to add a new site to my main Google account throws up an automatic duplicate error against a second Adsense account it appears I hold.

Unfortunately this second account is so old that my attempts to recover access through Google security steps fails because:

1. I can't remember the password for the second Adsense account;
2. The email address associated to the second account is so old and unused that Yahoo has closed it down;
3. The Phone number attached to the second Adsense account is no longer active;

I can't even re-create the email account with Yahoo to go through the 'Forgot Password' process with Google because Yahoo longer allows a user to create a @yahoo.co.uk email address (only yahoo.com).

I have gone through repeated circular loops with this. No way (of course) to speak to Google on the subject. It seems I'm destined and doomed never to be able to use Google Adsense again.

Have any of you clever individuals been through a similar experience - or can think of anyway to bypass this?

Last edited:
If you're talking about trying to add a domain that's already linked to another account, I've done this successfully with GSuite - it's probably a similar process.

Contact support, tell them that you own the domain but can't add it because it claims to be linked to another account. They'll require you to add a TXT record to prove ownership, then they'll contact the "current owner". When they don't get a response after (I think) 10 days, they'll remove the domain so you can add it.

Yep this is the exact situation I had and this is the only remedy

Moving forward the only way I have found to avoid the multiple account issue is to use a different email address ( use a email redirect to your main email address )
and a different phone number although not sure if this one of the qualifying criteria
If you're talking about trying to add a domain that's already linked to another account, I've done this successfully with GSuite - it's probably a similar process.
Contact support, tell them that you own the domain but can't add it because it claims to be linked to another account. They'll require you to add a TXT record to prove ownership, then they'll contact the "current owner". When they don't get a response after (I think) 10 days, they'll remove the domain so you can add it.

Unfortunately it's not the domain name, as the domain name on the second account doesn't exist on the first account.

I think the duplicate account is being flagged because both accounts now have the same bank account. Unfortunately both accounts are now locked and I can't change any details, or remove the website address, on either account.

And I've also tried setting up a third account with different phone number and different email address. This has also tripped a duplicate filter - the only duplication on the third account is my name which I can't believe alone trips the filter.

I also can't find a support email address anywhere to explain - plus Google Adsense help pages make it very clear they do not support any account related question and the only option is the self service feature.

When you create an account make sure you are not signed into any other google service
If using chrome you can find this out by going to Settings

Another good way is to either use Incognito mode or another browser using "Private Mode"
This will avoid any cookies or account triggering the dupe check

Just wanted to say this worked a treat!

I set up a new account in Private Mode and although it has taken two weeks, Google has just approved the account.

Many thanks!

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

Sponsors

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel

Sponsors

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Shiny Nuts