Membership is FREE – with unlimited access to all features, tools, and discussions. Premium accounts get benefits like banner ads and newsletter exposure. ✅ Signature links are now free for all. Share your own thoughts and experience, accounts may be terminated for violations.
  • Welcome to AcornDomains.co.uk, a friendly community for UK domain investors, developers and anyone interested in domain names.

    Whether you're looking to buy or sell domains, learn more about the UK domain market, get feedback on your names, or simply chat with other domainers, you're in the right place. AcornDomains has been bringing together people from across the UK domain industry for many years, from complete beginners to experienced investors.

    Have a look around, join the discussions and, if you haven't already, create a free account and introduce yourself.

Google keyword counts?

EdwinEdwin is verified member.

Nominet Member
Nominet Registrar
Joined
Apr 5, 2005
Posts
9,728
Reaction score
1,303
Where do you go to find the accurate Google keyword count? It seems Google has changed the interface on the GKT fairly recently, and it only displays ranges (e.g. "1-10K") rather than exact search counts.

It could be that they're experimenting with a new look and I'm a random unfortunate guineapig, but I didn't notice this change being discussed anywhere.

Anyway, is there a different link I should be using to get the old-style, specific stats?

Thanks!
 
Hi Edwin,

You need to login using an account with active adwords campaigns running to get the data how it previously was displayed.
 
Even if I'm logged in, I still only see ranges. Am I supposed to add them to the active ad campaign? And if so, isn't there a risk of incurring click charges? Or do you add them then remove them a few seconds later?
 
Even if I'm logged in, I still only see ranges. Am I supposed to add them to the active ad campaign? And if so, isn't there a risk of incurring click charges? Or do you add them then remove them a few seconds later?

Google decided to only show ranges to those that do not have an active campaign running. The requirement to see accurate data is to just have any campaign running, you do not need to do anything else. If you did run a campaign there may also be a delay before you can see the data.
 
Only accounts spending a reasonable amount of cash see "accurate" traffic stats now.

I put the quote marks in there, because there are a lot of recent changes which reduce the accuracy. Grouping together of similar phrases for one.
 
Top Bottom