Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

holylemon.co.uk is for sale

Discussion in 'Fixed Price Domain Names For Sale' started by TrafficMedia, Mar 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrafficMedia

TrafficMedia Member

holylemon.co.uk is for sale,

Registered on: 01-Jun-2004

Right now it's on parking plan, but it could be a great domain to develop

Price: 2,183 pound ($3421)

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. Alien

Alien Well-Known Member

Given your listed price expectation, can you detail if this domain has high traffic volume or similar, etc?

Has it made parking income?

Is it infringing on the .com?

Thanks. :)

4. chrisduggan United Kingdom

chrisduggan Active Member

i need my eyes tested again

5. viceroy United Kingdom

viceroy Active Member

holymelon.co.uk ftr...

6. TrafficMedia

TrafficMedia Member

Total visits in the last 12 months: 934
    parking income was higher in the past but we didn't configure it yet (since we have more than 40,000 domains and we try to develop as many as possible).

We didn't check anything about the .com, but we used our revolutionary domain appraisal in order to set the price

7. tifosi United Kingdom

tifosi Well-Known Member

erm, think it might need tweaking!

• Like Like x 1
  8. markb United States

markb Active Member

I don't understand this one, what is a holy lemon? Why would anyone be interested in buying this?

9. TrafficMedia

TrafficMedia Member

no it's not, test the tool and see for yourself

10. markb United States

markb Active Member

Send us a link to the tool and we will test it, but if its valued holylemon.co.uk at that price, it cant be very accurate. The only tool that could value domains remotely accurately, is one that was based on past sales for very similar domain names, but even then it would not be accurate.

11. tifosi United Kingdom

tifosi Well-Known Member

s'alright. I'll use my own 10yrs of .uk experience thanks.

holy.co.uk good £xxx-xxxx
    lemon.co.uk v.good £xxxx-xxxxx
    holylemon not good £x-xx

Some compound words work together if the context fits ie. generates a value meaning or recognised word/phrase. If they don't then its a problem unless someone 'really' fancies the name, but you'll get better odds on a second coming. Or as Edwin says there is value in a site with a major gTLD, in which case there will be only one buyer willing to pay close to the top 'valuation' and anyone else is risking a drs.

S

12. TrafficMedia

TrafficMedia Member

I wasn't sure I'm allowed to add links, but since you asked here's a link to the appraisal, it allows you to run 1 appraisal every day, or as many as you want - if you park domains at our system: http://www.domainparking.com/appraisal.aspx

13. Edwin

Edwin Well-Known Member

The problem is that the expression "holy lemon" is meaningless, so 100.00% of the 'value' in that domain name is created by trading off the fame of the game/entertainment site. Not some of the value, or most of the value, but literally ALL the value! And that therefore makes it worthless except as a cybersquatting play, which I assume is not what a company as large as yours intends?

That's a distinction that it's extraordinarily easy for us to make, but I guess it's impossible to automate into a valuation tool...

14. TrafficMedia

TrafficMedia Member

Please check the tool and let us know your thoughts

15. Edwin

Edwin Well-Known Member

I just did. The actual real world value of that domain name is $0 so your tool is junk in its present form.

It's no good building a magic tool that takes dozens or hundreds of criteria but then ignores the reality of cybersquatting.

16. TrafficMedia

TrafficMedia Member

Well I can tell you that we sponsored the recent DomainFest 2012 and we showed our tool which many of the domainers felt is amazing.

I think you should try more of .com domains, since this tool is new and maybe not 100% support all kind of domains.

17. websaway United Kingdom

websaway Well-Known Member

I don't feel comfortable making comments in someone else's sales thread.

But if the tool you are refering to is automated, It isn't logical that it can be consistently accurate ( if you don't know that, then it's back to the drawing board for you ) It's OK for a fun tool but the not so savvy person could be getting fingers burnt.

18. markb United States

markb Active Member

My advice would be to remove the registration requirement from your tool, it will put many people off using it.

19. Edwin

Edwin Well-Known Member

Not surprising if it produces high valuations for worthless domains. Everyone likes to be flattered!

20. TrafficMedia

TrafficMedia Member

Thanks for the advice, but since it's a free tool - we are trying to show domainers that they worth parking with our tool and develop their domains with us, so the free appraisal allows them to appraise once a day for free or 100% free if they park with us.

21. retired_member21

retired_member21 Retired Member

I seem to remember holylemon.com being a busy gaming/entertainment portal. By trying to sell the .co.uk you are as Edwin mentions cybersquatting. Any traffic/monetisation you will have gained will be from the existing .com site, plus any buyer could get landed with potential legal problems of trading on their name.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.