20i hosting

home.credit - marketing suicide?

Discussion in 'Domain Research' started by JMI, Oct 28, 2017.

1. JMI

JMI Active Member Acorn Supporter

This was on MOTD. Perhaps a too big to fail scenario but is this really memorable and does it make sense.. then chuck in the mix homecredit.co.uk and .com are just a holding page.. probably doesn't matter..

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

Domain Outbound

3. dee

dee Active Member Acorn Supporter

What's " MOTD" please?

4. Sound United Kingdom

Sound Well-Known Member

@dee Match Of The Day

5. dee

dee Active Member Acorn Supporter

Doh ! Of course. I thought it was a domain related site or something.

6. cm1975 United Kingdom

cm1975 Well-Known Member

Must admit that i noticed it too. So was it my interest in domains that made it noticable, or was it a memorable domain name?

I couldn’t tell you any other adverts from the pitchside of yesterday’s game.

7. ausername United Kingdom

ausername Active Member

Surprising that a business with revenue of £1.6bn a year who can afford Premier League football sponsorship arrangements can't get their hands on the .com (they've got the .net).

Makes you wonder how unrealistic the owner is being with their asking price, because you'd have thought they'd be willing to drop a million sterling on it?

No competitor is going to be able to touch it for trademark reasons... so only one obvious buyer.

Sounds like a real stand off situation to me....

"Nobody else would use your domain, here's $10k"

"You need this domain more than I need your money, I'm getting a thousand hits a day from type-in traffic, I want $10m"....

.... etc, etc. Would be really interesting to find out who the owner is should a sale ever happen and be made public.

• Like Like x 1
  8. bulkcorn

bulkcorn Active Member

Sometimes, Company Domain 'managers' block domain sale/purchase deals simply because they feel the seller is asking way too much than the 'domain manager' thinks it's worth (perhaps they are not happy that you are asking for more than their take home pay for a $10 reg :):)). I have had a few deals blocked by 'web development manager' and the likes ... and some company bosses/board don't understand the importance of/ how to get a great name, and that could be the case here.