Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Hosting Account Tutorial Needed

Discussion in 'Services Wanted' started by NickC, Feb 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NickC Spain

NickC Active Member

Hi everyone,

I need a couple of hours of someone's time for a quick walk through via skype/team viewer to show me how to set up hosting accounts and create custom nameservers.

I just purchased a SEO hosting account with 50 IP addresses, Its run on Cpanel - I'm guessing it's similar to a reseller hosting system.

PM me your price and when you're available, preferably over this weekend.

Thanks

Last edited: Feb 27, 2015
  2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. NickC Spain

NickC Active Member

Thanks for your input sport, but it's irrelevant to my wanted post, If I wanted your advice and views on SEO then I would have asked it.. Move on!

• Like Like x 1
  4. mdrussell

mdrussell Guest

What Roger said. You're fighting an uphill battle when on dirty IPs.

5. NickC Spain

NickC Active Member

Dirty IP's??

Thanks, I understand the concept of the SEO hosting and I know it's better to use different hosting accounts when building a PBN but it's very messy and hard to keep track. However, I'm not using these for a PBN to drive links all to the same website so the footprints don't need to be hidden as much, there will be multiple niche websites and not for my personal linking strategies.

That been said, I know a few people using SEO hosting and have been for the last 3/4 years without issues. Do you know of anyone first hand who has lost a network who has been using SEO hosting?

6. mdrussell

mdrussell Guest

Given how much Google knows about you, your websites, your entire online life, do you think they don't have masses of internal data on IP ranges used by 'SEO hosting' companies? And as such, anyone using these IP addresses is more likely to be engaged in link building practices that are against Google guidelines.

I know of plenty of people that have tried to build rankings on 'SEO hosting' IPs just to be tarred with the dirty brush because of other sites on that IP address.

I'd advise staying away from SEO hosting. I'd also advise against building your own network, it isn't worth the time/effort.

Just my 2c

Matt

7. NickC Spain

NickC Active Member

Thanks for your valued opinion,

The server is a dedicated server with my own IP addresses there not shared IP's so I wouldn't say they're dirty - maybe the ranges could be targeted but I don't build excessive OBL's maybe a handful tops and I keep them looking as genuine as possible.

Regards, PBN's not worth the time and effort - I have to disagree on that one, I have a working PBN of 11 websites all caught before expired via namejet very high metrics PR/DA/PA/MOZ (which are set up on 11 shared hosting accounts) - my money website has been ranking for the last 9-10 months averaging £5K revenue per week running at about 70% profit. So in my opinion its worth it if you know what you're doing.

I'll give the SEO hosting a pop with a few .co.uk catches an see how I get on.

Thanks

8. mdrussell

mdrussell Guest

It's a dedicated server, with 50 unique dedicated IPs assigned to it? All in different ranges/subnets?

9. Murray

Murray Well-Known Member

That's interesting

What kind of money were you paying on Namejet?

When I've watched SEO domains sell on GoDaddy, I've seen absolute crap sell for $$$$ because they have a visible PR of 6 and there are so many people bidding who have no idea what they're looking at.

On the flip side, there are often actually very strong domains being caught & sold on here for bargain prices in comparison.

Is the new one you're going to attempt going to be .uks?

Last edited: Mar 1, 2015
  10. NickC Spain

NickC Active Member

That's right Murray, prices on namejet are pretty high but you can get hold of some great domains especially in the niche I'm working with and at that time I didn't know of this forum or that catching/buying .uk's with good history was so easy and so cheap - which I'm doing now

Yes, I'm attempting at building a PBN with .uk's but in a niche where people love to exchange links, so the plan is to house 10 or so websites and exchange links with other websites but have them link to my money site and give them a couple links from my PBN, so everyone's a winner and I have no footprints, at least that's the plan!

Yes, it's a dedicated server with 50 IP's shared over 5 different IP ranges, roughly 10 from each. (all UK - 192."xxx"...)

There's many things you need to take into consideration when looking at a backlink profile Rodger specially for a PBN, Your right the above metrics mean nothing if you're not looking at them in conjunction with other indicators like link sources and if links are from related websites/content and the anchor texts used, also with expired domains it's important to check the loss/drop rate of links over time which is a good indication to the likes of G that its a dropped domain, finding domains which primarily have home page brand/knacked URL links is the way to go to get maximum benefit unless you're prepared to create all the old pages as 301'ing all pages to the homepage isn't good practice.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2015
  11. mdrussell

mdrussell Guest

That's a hugely inefficient use of IP addresses (in short supply)!

Also, please consider they all traceroute to the same location/base IP (they will all be bound to this).
    They'll probably all show the same server hostname too...

12. fresh79 United Kingdom

fresh79 Active Member

could try a free cloudflare account on each one, that might buy some time, anyway, thought Matt Cutts went after all the "SEO hosts" before taking a "Sabbatical" and going off the radar, (read into that what you will)

13. mdrussell

mdrussell Guest

Yeah exactly... Google has masses of data on absolutely everything. Particularly on areas it dislikes, with grey/blackhat being SEO up there and the SEO hosts that power it.

14. lazarus

lazarus Super Moderator Staff Member

Google does not expect every site to have it's own IP. That would be ridiculous. So you dont get extra points for that. The only reason would be if you wanted to get PR by linking to and from each site on each IP :/ but thats not going to work for long if at all.

Server end: I would concentrate spending money on a really nice and responsive dedicated server for my sites.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.