Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

How many domains do you sell each month

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Thought it would be interesting to hear how many domains people sell each month and if you are part time/full time domainer

I'll start. I'm part time and I sell about 2-3 a month. I'd like to ramp this up if possible.

Cheers

pre panda/penguin updates and nominet yes/no debacle about the release of .uk extension 5-10 per month.

after, I have sold one to date

I don't feel we felt the recession/austerity measures, I was still moving domains and sites for £xx,xxx

RIP Domaining

Part time and just started buying/catching and selling.

This month i will have flipped 9, 8 FTR 1 caught with drop/co/uk. Portfolio sale - niche market one offer £xx,xxx two interested buyers. Deal not yet through but keeping my fingers crossed for confirmation today.

Good to be back:):):)

Brokering 3 domains for others - So far no good bites

Part time and just started buying/catching and selling.

This month i will have flipped 9, 8 FTR 1 caught with drop/co/uk. Portfolio sale - niche market one offer £xx,xxx two interested buyers. Deal not yet through but keeping my fingers crossed for confirmation today.

Good to be back:):):)

Brokering 3 domains for others - So far no good bites

Are those .co.uk domains or .de?

In the past 3 months, I have been selling my expiring domains pretty much full-time, and I have sold about 1000 domains. I sold them in bulk, so many of them were less than $1. For the better ones, I sold them one by one, and they were about $3-20 each. I sold some LLLL.com as well, and the highest was $878. :cool:

The question I'm interested in is how many domains do you sell per month and make a profit on?

Mine was just over mid £££ profit from 2 .org.uk domain sales last month but some months I don't sell any. Need a bigger better portfolio first

I don't know if the original question means much.

You could sell 10 domains a month but if you aren't making any real profit then it doesn't mean much, as Khalid was hinting at.

And at the same time if you only have one or two sales a year but they're real barnstormers xx,xxx then you're doing alright :cool: wish I had that kind of portfolio to warrant such offers.

If it's of any interest though I've caught and flipped around 15 domains this year, but only four of those being a significant amount, x,xxx figures.

As much as anything, catching domains is fun.

I'd be curious to know not only how much profit is made, but also how big the portfolio is, for such a general question.

For example, if you only have 100 domains, yet sell 5 a month, and make a good £xxxx profit, then well done.

Where as, if you have a portfolio of 20,000 and sell 1 ever 6 months, but only turn an £xxx profit, then your on the losing team (in terms of reg fees etc).

I have sold 4 this year and lost about £4k in total, but I picked them up at the height of domaining and this is probably at its lowest point, a big thank you to Nominet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom