Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

I had to laugh a this domain counter offer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I was home today and heard someting on the radio so decide to look for a domain. the org.uk was free to reg so I was very excited; I followed the .co.uk and it took me to sedo and the desired price was 200eur. I was over the moon and made an offer for the desired price plus 1eur.

I could not wait so much so that I was constantly refreshing my browser to see the email, saying my offer was accepted and I would get the domain ASAP.

The email eventually came with a counter offer of - hold your breath £20,000:eek:, okay breathe now.

Yes, I am new to Sedo and its wiles. So I will talk to my mortage provider before making another offer.

Last edited:
you made a 1 euro offer? no wonder he countered 20,000.

Without knowing the domain it's hard to say it's not worth that.

I think he meant he made an offer of 201 EUR.

I've noticed quite a few domains on Sedo listed at 200 EUR and have offered on some before only to receive exactly the same type of response. It's something Sedo should crack down on.

Nearly everything 200 Euros minimum offer especially .org.uks, makes you wonder who owns them ?

What pis*es me off is when you hear sellers say someone offered me £100 for tables#co#uk for eg.

If you don't want to sell for £100 then set your minimum offer to something like 10k, as long as there is no minimum offer then I will offer very amounts.

It's something Sedo should crack down on.

I agree. If you don't want to say exactly how much you need, you could take off a few hundred depending on the price.

I went for the .org.uk instead it was a 6 letter word.

I think he meant he made an offer of 201 EUR.

I've noticed quite a few domains on Sedo listed at 200 EUR and have offered on some before only to receive exactly the same type of response. It's something Sedo should crack down on.

Ah i see... that makes more sense.

In that case that doesn't seem right. I don't see that tactic getting many sales, although it may be a trick to get some offers on the domain to make it look like its in demand before bumping the price up.

I was home today and heard someting on the radio so decide to look for a domain. the org.uk was free to reg so I was very excited; I followed the .co.uk and it took me to sedo and the desired price was 200eur. I was over the moon and made an offer for the desired price plus 1eur.

I could not wait so much so that I was constantly refreshing my browser to see the email, saying my offer was accepted and I would get the domain ASAP.

The email eventually came with a counter offer of - hold your breath £20,000:eek:, okay breathe now.

Yes, I am new to Sedo and its wiles. So I will talk to my mortage provider before making another offer.

As a matter of interest and not knowing what the domain was. How much do you honestly think the domain was worth ?

As a matter of interest and not knowing what the domain was. How much do you honestly think the domain was worth ?

Based on the offered price I was willing to go up to £500, because it is for a christmas project so I need to make back the money over that period.

I will try with the .org.uk, might take a bit more work but with a few sales I will make back the reg. fee.

Based on the offered price I was willing to go up to £500, because it is for a christmas project so I need to make back the money over that period.

I will try with the .org.uk, might take a bit more work but with a few sales I will make back the reg. fee.

Have you raised your offer to £500 ( your limit )to see the response ?

From a seller's point of view if the domain is set to 'make offers', not 'fixed price', even though a price is set. Exactly what the price set means is open to interpretation - I can see as as buyer when it says 'Seller's listing price is £150' then you imagine that this is price - however as a seller I use this as a guide price with the possibility of negotiating upwards or sending to auction if I feel I can get more.

Not a perfect system I agree, and one that does annoy buyers (and also sellers).

Stephen.

A farce

Still new to the game but quickly relised that buying from SEDO is a farce.

Sedo needs to change the desired price to a an actual price.

People get greedy when they see someone interested - human nature really. However, when pricing stuff originally people are of a more sane mind.

Still new to the game but quickly relised that buying from SEDO is a farce.

And welcome to the Sedo bashing club. you are member Number 68976.

Just moved three domains this evening for mid £x,xxx that the purchaser wanted to use Sedo, I just rather work on trust (with some verification) than use Sedo - All transfered and paid in about 20 minutes - Guess that means I now don't have to email Sedo x,xxx times for a progress report

And welcome to the Sedo bashing club. you are member Number 68976.

Just moved three domains this evening for mid £x,xxx that the purchaser wanted to use Sedo, I just rather work on trust (with some verification) than use Sedo - All transfered and paid in about 20 minutes - Guess that means I now don't have to email Sedo x,xxx times for a progress report

I would use them for the .com sales though, as there escrow service and protection from chargebacks is worth it in my opinion. But .co.uk sales I handle myself.

//I followed the .co.uk and it took me to sedo and the desired price was 200eur.//

//Based on the offered price I was willing to go up to £500,//

To me that reads as .. i knew that €200 was a minimum bid price .. you could of countered with your max bid of €500 with a comment that, that is your final/maximum bid then see what happens ..

We all have our problems with Sedo one way or another .. another suggestion in this thread was for the seller/vendor to just list for €10K minimum bid .. if a seller does that he has little to no chance of attracting activity to the domain name except for the case of a very motivated buyer .. a €10K bid requires that the buyer is a certified Sedo bidder .. not many are that, nor will many go to the extreme difficulty of becoming a certified Sedo bidder ..

If i am putting up a domain that i consider to be very valuable .. say i am aiming for €100K .. i will list the minimum bid at €9K just under the €10K threshold in the hope that i can ease the bidder up the scale and inform the bidder that they need to become a certified buyer to enable them to continue on with the negotiation if they wish to. Other wise its all over, might as well go home ..

A certified Sedo buyer is less likey to default on their bid ..

Whats a seller supposed to do .. set a price and forget about it .. not try for the big bucks .. who knows who is on the other end of that bid ..

A €9K bid may well kick the name into auction .. a lot of bidders dont like that either .. so the vendor/seller loses out if no further bids are forthcoming ..

It's complicated ..

This (their self) service should be moving ahead at rate of knots - Its a shame its become a dependancy, I appreciate their adjusting to a buyers perspective (the way to go imo) but Sedo has lost the plot - An effective challenge to their position looks ripe

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom