Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Is Bitcoin the Next Big Thing?

Discussion in 'Business Discussions' started by accelerator, Jun 2, 2015.

1. dog

dog Active Member

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. timter51

timter51 Well-Known Member

Absolutely, I think the value of domains like bitcoinwallet.co.uk and bitcoinmining.co.uk must be absolutely rocketing right now!

4. Skinner

Skinner Well-Known Member

Ethereum seems to be the one to watch now, in freefall as everyone liquidates to put money into BTC, but come aug 1/2, could be a big wall of green there.

Seems most currencies are falling, Crytpos untik the fork, so good time to buy in.

• Like Like x 1
  5. timter51

timter51 Well-Known Member

The traders I follow and generally rely on for advice are all saying we are very likely to be heading into the next crypto bear market (ETH and all alts included), with BTC price projections in the low/mid $1,xxx range. We had a new ATH, followed by a lower-high and a lower-low, with many key trading sgnals now pointing down for major trend. This is completely regardless of August 1st, and bear market length predictions seem to be ranging from anywhere between 6 to 18 months. .

6. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

Interesting. All though I dont believe traditional technical analysis can be applied to the crypto market right now, when its matured ...maybe. We are in unchartered waters and there will be storms and plain sailing ahead :). When segwit gets activated then BTC will push on, when x2 (2mb blocks) gets activated in about 3 months we will push on again. I expect many of the smaller alt coins to disappear completely (akin to the .com tech bubble). I expect BTC, ETH, Litecoin, Dash etc to be around for quite some time. But who knows, thats just my 2p worth.

7. Skinner

I don't know the history in detail, just bits I read in passing, but someone here will likely have seen it. With the BTC / BCC fork, is that the same of split that happened with ETH / ETC ?

On the assumption it is, ETC is what 6-7% of the ETH price, maybe an indication.

Of course it maybe the situation where comparing .UK with .NZ with their 2nd level release, and doesn't work.

8. Admin

Yes, its a strange concept. Here is the current futures price for bitcoin cash https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitcoin-cash/

So in effect tomorrow I should have free money in the amount of $300+ x Number of bitcoins held...bizarre.

9. Pepto United Kingdom

Pepto Active Member

I read an interesting article on bitcoin manipulation it all could be rumour but your free to make your own mind up.

I have watched bitcoin grow over the years i adapted the use of e-gold back 7-8 years ago which essentially was a crypto currency which got tied down to some fraud scheme and dismembered.

What i have heard is that there is either a group or one individual with a huge amount of bitcoins various wallets who can influence the market prices. Now this might be folklore and the guys name surpasses me at the moment but very interesting reading. We do not really know who has what exactly but this is certainly plausible with a pump and dump especially with several and huge wallets. Just my 50 pence .

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/wh...hos-reportedly-manipulating-prices-2017-08-07

10. Admin

Manipulation on a single asset with market cap of nearly $70 BILLION. Mmm. Anyway, this would only affect day traders not investors. Its just gone through $4100 so I've sold some with intention to re-buy.

• Like Like x 1
  11. martin-s United Kingdom

martin-s Well-Known Member

The fluctuations are wild!

12. Pepto United Kingdom

Pepto Active Member

Your failing to see that it once wasn't worth $70 Billion or anywhere near. I don't know its plausible i have witnessed arranged pump and dumps in other cryptos.

13. Murray

Murray Well-Known Member

My choice to sell at £1300 is not looking like it was the best lol

14. Pepto United Kingdom

Pepto Active Member

In hindsight yeah but it's such a risky option . I used to do a small bit of mining nothing major but really was not worth my time and effort.

15. RobM

RobM Retired Member

Only if you sold at a loss.

16. Skinner

I closed my positions (etoro) on eth at 304 (opend at 184) and closed my BTC at 3700 (opened at 3100), then Amazon, Barclays and Google positions are so far kicking my head in, hopefully they will bounce back.

I should really buy actual coins instead of contracts but meh. Admin seems to making a killing.

Hows BCC doing ?

17. Admin

Actually had to give it the ticker BCH because BCC existed. Its still alive, hovering around $300 but its academic because we cannot access them yet. If its around when I can, I'm certain I will dump them swiftly.

18. davedevelopment

davedevelopment Well-Known Member

BCH/BCC as in Bitcoin Cash? How come you can't access it?

19. Admin

20. davedevelopment

davedevelopment Well-Known Member

Ah yeah, I did see the coinbase post a while back. I moved my (very small) holdings out of coinbase to a personal wallet back when they said they weren't going to bother with BCH at all, so have since sent the BCH to kraken as soon as they allowed deposits and sold them.

• Winner Winner x 1
  21. Admin

Bought them all back. What a fall that was.

• Like Like x 1